•  

Thread: AveoClub.net Operations

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

AveoClub.net Operations

As u all know, Exodus is the owner and maintainer of our wonderful forum. He is the one who allows us to come here and share wisdom, tales, and insight about our Aveos and whatever else happens to appear here. So it is my opinion (and i stole this idea from DaewooTech) that we should help to give back to him by helping with the costs of running this forum. It would be all donation, whatever you can afford to give him, because even though the forum is free for us to use, its not free to operate. He has to pay for the equipment, URL address, time, etc... So please help out by donating to him and furthering our cause. I know it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BTW, Exodus we will need some information on how to send you the cash, i.e. PayPal.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      what are his costs?
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks
      he can slap a Google Ad on the site and make tons of cash all we would have to do is click on the ads and he would make bank I would be all for Google Ad's on the site for him to make money
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      if your paying for a web host you could move the site to your own server. or if you would like i could host it for free with unlimited bandwidth and lots of space including mail services, i am running mail enable enterprise. and since this is phpbb2 it should be simple to move by exporting the mysql database. Or if it is possible i could host images or media for this site. see what ur speed is from my server: http://www.g3pcs.com let me know if you are interested.

O and im up for google ads also, i like to click on random objects!

Thanks
      it's like $10/mo, I I'm fine... thanks though.

As far as advertising, I did the google ads on the last version of the forum and it wasn't much success. So as far as that goes, I'd really only be interested in related advertising (say for websites/companies that sell/manufacture parts for the aveo). Although unless this community grows, probably won't happen.

If I run into financial trouble in the future and the website is in danger, I will certainly accept donations, however at this time I'm currently not. Thanks
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      well just tryin to help out. i thought it cost more than that to run the forum. oh well...
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks
      Yea we went through this with Probe-Enthusiast.com, the site I had before my two current ones. It was $200 for 2 years for a ton of bandwidth and space, and people kept offering to donate to help out... Websites are really cheap these days... You can get a pretty good site and domain for under $10 a month....

But myself and Aftermarket Aveo would be glad to advertise in a banner rotation if it became available

-- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed