•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aveo Got Sandwiched.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

The Aveo Got Sandwiched.

Hey guys I wasn't able to lurk around these days due to the fact I got into an accident last Monday and I've been dealing with the insurance and all that since my boyfriend and I were in the middle so we got hit really hard. We were stopped waiting for the light which that day I wasn't driving but by coincidence my boyfriend looked at the rear mirror and as soon he looked away he noticed this guy driving a brand new Benz S550 coming and hit us really hard but since my boyfriend knew we were getting hit he tried to maneuver the car turning to the left but still it made it slide forward and hitting the car in the front by the passenger corner where we received most of the damage and as soon I got out of the car I was so pissed because I looked at both car and the Benz didn't have anything in the bumper just his airbag went off and the one in front just received a slight scratch so when I looked at mind my front bumper was all messed up but gladly nothing else got damaged like the hood and fenders etc. However I was so pissed off to see the car like that since I always take care for being a girl but at least it wasn't that bad at all. By the way I have a question because I called my insurance and they told me they can fix it or the others guy insurance but if mine fix it do my insurance go up just because of that?

What do you mean there's no turbo? AveoJoe's Avatar
      Thanks
      Glad to hear you all were safe.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I'm so sorry that your car got sandwiched but very greatful you all are ok. Insurance wise it depends on the laws in your state and how your policy is written. Here in NY unfortunately if you hit someone from behind youre automatically at fault no matter what the situation is. Its called No-Fault. NY believes that no matter what the situtation is you shouldve left yourself a way out. Stupid as it is, that law leaves a lot of gray area. I'm not sure how that applies to being rear ended and being pushed into the guy in front of you though.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      no fault usually pins it all on the furthest back driver OR percentages it out amongst all the cars..
      (like back drive pays 100% for fist car he hit, and 50% of the car he pushed you into.)

typically though if your own insurance fixes it, they will "sue" his insurance and get the money back, but whether your insurance goes up or not is all local laws and policy allowances (just the fact you reported the accident to them could allow them to raise your rates in some places)..

Glad your ok, thats all that is important.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      ouch.. any pics of damage? glad ur ok. loved ur aveo
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      no fault usually pins it all on the furthest back driver OR percentages it out amongst all the cars..
      (like back drive pays 100% for fist car he hit, and 50% of the car he pushed you into.)
      typically though if your own insurance fixes it, they will "sue" his insurance and get the money back, but whether your insurance goes up or not is all local laws and policy allowances (just the fact you reported the accident to them could allow them to raise your rates in some places)..
      If I'm not mistaken I also believe that theres a certain amount of monetary damages before it affects your policy, like $2500 and below before rates are raised? Dont quote me on this. I'm guesstimating based on something I heard once. The bottom line is that the car is replaceable and you and your boyfriend are not. Glad youre all ok!
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      thats all state laws etc.. my rates are only supposed to go up if a cause an accident or get tickets.

i've personally never had a reported an accident to my insurance, my wife has had 3. I get tickets occasionally though, and our rates remain the same.

In pa the laws are going to be very different from ny, az, fl etc..

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoJoe View Post
      Glad to hear you all were safe.
      Thank you, yes at least we didn't have no major problem.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NYChevoo View Post
      I'm so sorry that your car got sandwiched but very greatful you all are ok. Insurance wise it depends on the laws in your state and how your policy is written. Here in NY unfortunately if you hit someone from behind youre automatically at fault no matter what the situation is. Its called No-Fault. NY believes that no matter what the situtation is you shouldve left yourself a way out. Stupid as it is, that law leaves a lot of gray area. I'm not sure how that applies to being rear ended and being pushed into the guy in front of you though.
      Thanks for the reply, it sucks that some states have their law kind of messed up when it applies like in my situation however I think here in Florida its the same but surprisingly I didn't get no ticket which I think the cop understood it wasn't my fault hitting the car in front when I got hit as well. Instead the guy in the Mercedes Benz got a ticket for careless driving and the other for no proof of insurance so that leaves without a doubt at No-Fault situation.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post

Well you're right but I called my insurance and supposedly they won't know if it will go up my rate however they said it might not up since I didn't have no fault in the accident. They offered me to fix my car but instead I told them the other insurance was going to because I wanted it to fix themselves and since they have been a pain in the butt when they gave me an estimate of ~$930 for the damages and on top of that they said the parts weren't going to be new but used/recycled ones so thats why I told my insurance not to cover in fixing the Aveo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast