•  

Thread: Anyone In CA Dealling with the Fires?

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Anyone In CA Dealling with the Fires?

I'm in reseda so all i get is smoke but 2 of my best friends live in 2 of the fire area's out in canyon country. both had not had to Bug out but very close to doing so. My friend Jeff was so close to one that 2 houses of his friends have burned down. most of theses people have horses dogs and cats. my other friend Glen packed up all his guitars and said screw everthing after that it's insured. this really sux i know that if jeff lost his house he would have lost his 1969 ford mustang and his buick grand national and my friend glen would have lost a 1969 Chevy Nova with a brand new 350 in it. think of all the poor cars that are lost when this happenes

You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Every year around this time there is always fires in the LA to San Diego area, nothing new. Just like every March there are fires in Oklahoma and every April/Summer there are tornados in Tornado Alley, it's not news...

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      well it would still suck if it happened to you or someone close to you-i know id be furious. DAMN MOTHER NATURE!!! LOL! but there really isnt anything you can do about, except hope and pray it dont happen to you.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks
      if the tree huggers would allow brush cutting and thinning these fires wouldn't rage out fo control. Proper forest managment instead of tree hugging could save lifes and property.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

god that would suck.. i would hate to be any of u that is dealing with that!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      i actually had a customer start crying on the phone today and tell me that his son and his best friend of 40-something years had to evacuate their houses last night, and he hasn't been able to get ahold of either of them all day. not easy to stay professional when a customer is crying, and you are just trying to do your job and get the $800 payment for the door hardware he asked you to order straight from the factory.........

(not trying to sound heartless in the last part there- but the boss was breathing down my neck to get the product payed for)
      Low n Slow

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by boxkiller
      i actually had a customer start crying on the phone today and tell me that his son and his best friend of 40-something years had to evacuate their houses last night, and he hasn't been able to get ahold of either of them all day. not easy to stay professional when a customer is crying, and you are just trying to do your job and get the $800 payment for the door hardware he asked you to order straight from the factory.........

(not trying to sound heartless in the last part there- but the boss was breathing down my neck to get the product payed for)
      business is business you have to seperate emotions from work sometimes. yeh u feel ****ty but you gotta live too. i dont like it either.

*edit*- i am not trying to be cold here. cus it does suck!
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I guess we're lucky so far that this disaster has claimed relatively few lives. But its not like people in CA didn't see this one coming... I second what Ron has to say- for the past 100 years, the park service has tried to prevent all fires. Now that they've realized that fires are part of the ecosystem, and things like this are supposed to happen. Its like building a city below sea level. Or building a city on a fault line. Is it a good idea?

"Well, you did lose a lot of versatile solutions for a modern life"
      "The things you own, end up owning you"

Two of my favorite quotes from my fav. movie. I'd have to say that if my place burned down right now, I'd probably be pretty damn upset. Especially because I don't think I have renter's insurance. But if I could walk away from it knowing that I was still alive and still have all the people I cared about in life, I'd be OK. My nice, neat, flaming sh*t can all be replaced. Including the Aveo. Although the whole rebuilding process would really suck.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron-E-Babe
      if the tree huggers would allow brush cutting and thinning these fires wouldn't rage out fo control. Proper forest managment instead of tree hugging could save lifes and property.
      this is true up in places like big bear and arrow head but places like Malibu and canyon country it's all brush not trees. like at my friends house the grass is like 6 feet tall in the feilds all around him and you only can cut on you're property a fire break but like the property right next to his house is just a field and no house but some one owns the land but has never come up to cut down a fire break he has a 2000 gallon water tank and said that the fire department can just use 2/3's of you're water if you like it or not. but if you don't want to rebuild you would let them use it right away lucky my friends house is safe the 2 houses less then 2 blocks down the dirt road didn't make it. I am waiting for Pic's. he is ready to move back to where i live. i am in an area that these fires are not going to affect my living space this building also made it through the Northridge earthquake in 1994 so i think i am all good

You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA