•  

Thread: Wanted: Fender and door

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Wanted: Fender and door

My 2005 Aveo was hit by someone merging into the side of it while approaching an intersection. I am in need of a black pearl(paint code 245L,84U) right front fender, and a front left driver door. I know I can get unpainted new ones, but I would really like to find some that are the same color, to avoid painting.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      I too spent my time in Cedar Rapids (the city of the five smells). Dude feel for you. The best you are going to do is to research on car-part.com and find that used door. I am working out a process of painting my own door at home. Your accident must have happen one of the stupid bridges with funky merges.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Lol. Yeah, it happened at a place where the two lane road split into three lanes. I got into the left lane to turn left, and a guy turned left out of the right lane right into the side of my car. It did $1600 in damage to my fender. I submitted a claim to his insurance, and surprise, they said it was my fault because he claimed he was "hovering" near the center line, so I rear ended him. I guess that automatically means that you can turn any way you decide without consequence. It's complete bs. So, I submitted the claim to my insurance and they sent an adjuster out to look at my car. They are going to send my a check for the amount of the damage, minus my deductible. Then they will go after the other driver's insurance for the cost.

The left front door got damaged when my son's basketball hoop got blown over in a storm and hit the door. Makes me sad. I bought the car from my parents, and it didn't have a single scratch or dent.

I found a 2005 Aveo down by St. Louis that is being parted out. It's the exact same color. I'm hoping to maybe get the parts I need off of it. It all depends on what he is going to charge me. After all, it is four hours from me. But it should still be cheaper than the repairs at the body shop.

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mairj40 View Post
      they said it was my fault because he claimed he was "hovering" near the center line, so I rear ended him. I guess that automatically means that you can turn any way you decide without consequence. It's complete bs.
      I meet some real "quality" people there and some really good people there. I agree total BS. I hope your insurance company rips a new one. Good luck and I would just carry your tools with you and swap parts there. GRIN. Well ok the fender is a little harder. Oh yeah just to warn you the inside may be different so you might have to swap that too on your door.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      If the damage is only cosmetic, and the door opens ok, have you considered fixing it yourself? I've had good luck in the past fixing dents with fiberglass resin + cloth, along with a touch of Bondo to smooth things out. Although I've never been able to get the paint job to blend in perfectly, these repairs look more than good enough for my older vehicles.