•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&R Springs for sale

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      i believe i can lend some assistance....yes 17's do raise the car up about a half an inch....just measure your ground clearance now then add the half inch minus the 1.5" for the springs and that will be what you have left for ground clearance when said and done
      If you use the right size tire, then no...they won't raise the car. Even 18s with the right tire barley raises the car.

Where do you guys get this info? I correct probaly 5 people a week about plus sizing wheels/tires

Even with a 215/40/17 it barley raises the car, and a 205/40/17 is actually a tiny tiny bit smaller than the stock size 185/65/14, providing that's the stock size...just did a search and thats what I found.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      i believe i can lend some assistance....yes 17's do raise the car up about a half an inch....just measure your ground clearance now then add the half inch minus the 1.5" for the springs and that will be what you have left for ground clearance when said and done
      If you use the right size tire, then no...they won't raise the car. Even 18s with the right tire barley raises the car.

Where do you guys get this info? I correct probaly 5 people a week about plus sizing wheels/tires

Even with a 215/40/17 it barley raises the car, and a 205/40/17 is actually a tiny tiny bit smaller than the stock size 185/65/14, providing that's the stock size...just did a search and thats what I found.
      i wasnt just pulling that out of my ass, I actually measured it. i have 205/40 on my 17's and it raise it about a half an inch...yea you could run 205/35 and stay about the same but 35 are too thin to be running unless you want an extremely harsh ride and the risk of bending rims....ive calculated it online too and the overall diameters for 215/40/17 and 205/40/17 is larger than stock.... http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalcul ... ion=submit

go there and enter Stock Tire - 185/60R14 compared to 205/40/17 and you will see that the overall diameter for stock is 22.74 inches while 205/40/17 is 23.45 inches. You should probably check your facts before you tell someone they are wrong

can i see some pix??? thanks bro.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: H&R Springs for sale

i just got 205/40/17's mounted on my wheels
      accrdng to specs on pc ,,it was almost idntcal in ride height but its not ...theres a good quartr of an inch raise with em ..aveo sam is corect ,,,no matter what the pc's say and they do say its right on
      ,,it is not
      im kinda glad ,,they just look massive ,,,now i just hope h&r's dont caus a rubbn issue
      we will see

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlc70
      i just got 205/40/17's mounted on my wheels
      accrdng to specs on pc ,,it was almost idntcal in ride height but its not ...theres a good quartr of an inch raise with em ..aveo sam is corect ,,,no matter what the pc's say and they do say its right on
      ,,it is not
      im kinda glad ,,they just look massive ,,,now i just hope h&r's dont caus a rubbn issue
      we will see
      They shouldn't... That's the same size tires I have on mine and I'm on H&R springs and no rubbing issues whatsoever... The guys who put the wheels on said I wouldn't have a problem even running 18's, but don't know about that... probably only at stock height...

What's the offset on your wheels and how wide are they? (I believe we had this discussion in another thread)...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

tire size tolerances between manufacturers are different. a 235 kumho might not be as wide as a 235 firestone tire. A 40 series tire in one brand might be 43% while in another can be 38% (reflective of the difference of widths)..

Why did we bring back a dead thread for this?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

are the springs still for sale?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12