•  

Thread: 2013 low Mileage Aveo "Chugging/Jerking" at idle or when accelerating at low RPM

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

2013 low Mileage Aveo "Chugging/Jerking" at idle or when accelerating at low RPM

Hi,

My mechanical knowledge is not the greatest, so I will try to explain as best possible.

I have recently noticed that my car has started to "chug" at low revs or idle speed, almost as though it wants to stall. It feels exactly how it feels as a motor is generally running out of fuel, though I can safely say there is definitely fuel in my car.

Has anybody else experienced issues like this? I have my car serviced regularly, with the most recent being only last month, at which time it also flew straight through it's first MOT - nothing was picked up or mentioned at this point. The car is only 3 years old (just 1 month out of warranty!) with 27k on the clock (long journeys are not a regular occurrence).

Any light shed would be muchly appreciated, apologies if I have note provided sufficient information, happy to delve further if required.

TIA,
      Jewelz!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi, feel your pain, my Aveo was doing that same thing for the past tree days so yesterday I finally popped the hood to check it out, as I suspected it wasn't anything serious, just a broken vacuum line. As soon as I put it back where it was engine was back to purring like a kitten. Trick Is finding which hose it is, one that broke on mine was in back by firewall skinny little tube about 3/16 diameter. Way I found it is I let engine cool so not to burn myself when touched engine parts, shut of A/C and radio to minimize noise then open hood, start the engine and listen for a hissing/air suction sound, it'll be hard to pick up at first but as you tune in your brain will pick it out from rest of engine noise. If that fails just make sure all hoses are plugged into something. And last thing check the rubber intake hose that goes from air filter, it maybe cracked on the bottom, it might not be visible from just looking at, feel it with your hands or take it off and look at it. When I first bought the car mine was split in half in two places producing same symptoms, only noticed it when I pulled it off.
      Good luck.