•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Needing help install sub&amp/

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Needing help install sub&amp/

Quote Originally Posted by CRSTWGN
      both the remote and the power were leading to the radio. So why not the fender? The stock wires run through there? The other spot alot of people talk about is the grommit in the firewall on the passenger side, but i have no idea where to route the wire once I get it on the engine side.
      I ran my power wire through the firewall grommet and then ran the wire along the engine side of the firewall (behind the motor) and tapped into the battery directly with a fuse block. I also used some conduit to protect the wire from the elements.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

any time i have seen stereo equipment run through the fender its a hack job, usually just run the wire under the seal in the door jamb and up the fender to the battery..

problem is when you close the door it will eventually cut the wire on the pinch weld. this could result in alot of things from a dead battery to a car fire..

if you had something else in mind, that might be fine. but i would put it through a grommet on the firewall.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Who would have their wire get shut into the door??

Nothing on my car is a 'hack job'. Just needed to clear that up, I think you misunderstood what we mean by running through the fender. Look at the stock ECU, under the hood by the driver side strut. The harness goes from there, into the fender. On the inside of the car, look to the left of the feet pedals and you will see a grommet where the wires come through. When you see how it's run, you'll also see it's not a 'hack job'.

The door jamb??? really????

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

I've seen that a lot re-doing people's systems. I always go through the grommet and THEN through the fender. You don't want your amp power wire hot from your engine compartment, plus it looks cleaner not seeing a big bright red wire running through your engine bay. Fortunently mine is 0 Guage blue Kicker wire so it looks kinda cool.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

If my car wasn't at the body shop, I would snap some pictures of the wireing. If this thread is still alive when it's out, I'll do so.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      This is an old thread but I just have to share where I'm locating my amp in my '05 Wave hatchback because I'm so excited about it! I placed in the styrofoam block that holds the tools in the spare tire compartment. Just had to cut out the shape of the amp and pop it in. I'm not worried about overheating because it is a class D amp and doesn't get to hot. I was all discouraged because this amp was too large to place under the seat. I was almost just going to mount it on the box but then this brainwave came. This solves many problems (it's totally hidden, makes it easy to take the sub out if I need the space, and doesn't take up any room in the car) I haven't completed the install yet but I can share pictures of the final install once it's done.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I hate to chime in - most of you know I did a bit more above and beyond for said "audio" systems - However I wanted to say there is a gromnet in the firewall next to the brake and gas peddle - this is a great place to run 0 gauge so it avoids heat and elements and easy access to the battery under the fuse box and under the windshield wiper fluid port.

However since your using 0 gauge... you can not fit it under the door jam/seal/trim. Now what I did originally was ran it under my center console along the gear shifter and e-brake. The back-end can bow slightly enough so its un-noticeable. then you can run it under the carpet along the "bump" of the frame and you won't know its there.

Or you can notch the plastic/cut holes in the frame.. I mean your choice. just depends if your running 1... 4... or 24 0 gauges (yes my friends 24)...to a copper block in the spare tire well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12