•  
    Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The cruise control DIY thread.

What do you mean there's no turbo? gclark8's Avatar
      Thanks
      I am surprised, you all seem to be using the steering wheel mount switch in odd places when stalk type switches are available:
      http://www.jcwhitney.com/custom-crui...estid=15426541

Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by gclark8; 06-23-2011 at 09:52 PM.
      no image

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      whats with all the jcwhitney links in the last day?

those switches dont just wire in, and cost more than the $20-30 everyone here paid.. for $150-170 you can buy the rest of the pieces to put it in the steering wheel and still spend less than that universal jc whitney kit.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hi Everyone,

I've been reading on this thread since last year and it seems my 08 sedan has different wiring, I already have the cruise control switch but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to hook it. It seems my pin 6 wire is white & pin 7 is brown ( i dont know if I'm reading it wrong that's why I'm hoping someone should shed light on me). I attached pictures of connector where I should be hooking this switch. I also read the 2011 cruise DIY and I believe I have that switch to but again I have different wiring color.
      Thanks in advance for those who will find time helping me.Name:  IMG_27261.JPG
Views: 2626
Size:  58.2 KBName:  IMG_27291.JPG
Views: 2521
Size:  57.0 KB

Thanks
      Hello all, new to the forum here. I have an 09' Aveo ls sedan and was wondering if anyone has attempted to install cruise control into one of the 09's yet? I read through most of the pages without much luck.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by gclark8 View Post
      I am surprised, you all seem to be using the steering wheel mount switch in odd places when stalk type switches are available:
      Rostra Precision Controls CUSTOM CRUISE CONTROL KIT - JCWhitney

we don't want it to look like an Aftermarket Afterthought. I'm planning to Open up my Steering column tomorrow and see what wires are there, and what's not there.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wmaala View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I've been reading on this thread since last year and it seems my 08 sedan has different wiring, I already have the cruise control switch but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to hook it. It seems my pin 6 wire is white & pin 7 is brown ( i dont know if I'm reading it wrong that's why I'm hoping someone should shed light on me). I attached pictures of connector where I should be hooking this switch. I also read the 2011 cruise DIY and I believe I have that switch to but again I have different wiring color.
      Thanks in advance for those who will find time helping me.
      Look against the firewall, above and to the left of the brake pedal. At least on the hatchback there is a White, and Gray plug. What you have pictured looks like it's away from the firewall.

Thanks
      Hello to everyone, first of all sorry about my english, i am spanish and i am learning.

I would like to add cruise control to my european AVEO 2008. In my country the Aveo wasn't sold with cruise control but when i saw this thread i said to me "i want it" . I asked to Chevrolet Spain and they told me that this could not be done, but i would like to know your opinion.

Here is a photo of mi firewall plug:
      Name:  19072012_001.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  114.3 KB

Here is a photo of my brake plug:
      Name:  19072012_003.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  104.7 KB

My instrument pannel (tachometer...) doesn't have the light for the speed control, i only have one light for 120km/h warning.

So, what do you think? If i buy the switch would it work? Does my car have the cruise control program available at the onboard computer o would have to upload it?

Thank you very much.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      does your 2008 spanish edition aveo have drive by wire, or is it a cable driven throttle?

which engine do you have? snap pictures of the engine bay?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      does your 2008 spanish edition aveo have drive by wire, or is it a cable driven throttle?

which engine do you have? snap pictures of the engine bay?
      Hi, it's a 1.4 100hp gas, manual transmission.

I think it's driven by wire, i haven't seen any throttle cable, here are two photos from my throttle pedal:

And this is one from the engine (sorry about the poor quality, my camera is broken and i am using my mobile phone's camera):

Tell me if you need more detailed photos.

And this is my baby:

Regards,
      Attached Images Attached Images     
      Last edited by farru1981; 07-19-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Deleted attachment

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by farru1981 View Post
      Hi, it's a 1.4 100hp gas, manual transmission.

I think it's driven by wire, i haven't seen any throttle cable, here are two photos from my throttle pedal:

And this is one from the engine (sorry about the poor quality, my camera is broken and i am using my mobile phone's camera):

Tell me if you need more detailed photos.

And this is my baby:

Regards,
      your Gas Pedal looks like the one in my 2010, so YES, your Car is Drive By Wire. and one question, does your RPO Label have the Code C98? (its the code for the Passenger Sensing Airbags) if so, you can order the Clockspring to put the switches in the steering wheel.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast