•  
    Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Aveo Sedan Cruise Control Install

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by farru1981 View Post
      And where is located the ECU? And the plug above the throttle pedal couldn't be used?
      the ECU is Located out in the Engine Compartment, near the Underhood Fuse Box. but I'll check the Pinout of the APP Sensor Connector with the Manuals I have Access to.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hi 2012AveoLT, could you check something?

Regards,

Thanks
      alright Farru, I have one more RPO Question for you: do you have the RPO Code "WHB" (its the Code for the GMLAN Communication Bus) if you say Yes, there's still a chance to add Cruise. if not, it looks like GM has made it QUITE Impossible for you to have Factory Installed Cruise Control. because according to the Manuals I have access to, The Cruise Control Logic for the US Spec Aveo is NOT in the PCM like everybody thought: its ALL Run through the Instrument Panel Cluster, and the ONLY way to have all the pieces to add Cruise is if you have the GMLAN Communication Bus.
      Last edited by 2010AveoLT; 08-02-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks
      As you can see at the private message i don't have that RPO code so i can't have a factory cruise control. I will have to look for an aftermarket one.

Anyway thank you for your help.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      this is covered in all the threads, this is just the first ecotec as a starting point thread
      (typically the cruise threads do not mention ecotec cars until 6-7 pages in)

the addition does work in the manual transmission, and provided your car is as properly equipped as ours (some model in other countries still have throttle cables, etc). so if your specs are close enough, and your dbw, etc this will most likely work for you.

you can put it in the wheel by simply buying the appropriate clockspring, the switch, and the bracket and cutting the location out of the wheel. in total the pieces come to @ $150-175 US. then by installing them in the factory position you will have installed cruise. (no need to jump wires as the close spring plugs into them etc).
      I have a coverplate where the switch goes (in steering wheel) and I popped it out to look inside, so I would still need the clockspring and bracket. Does anyone have a part number for clockspring and bracket? How much tougher is it to install this way as opposed to cutting into the column cover and running 2 wires. Oh btw I have 2 grey wires in my harness, does it matter which one I splice into if I choose to take the easy route?
      Last edited by pipepro; 08-23-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by pipepro View Post
      I have a coverplate where the switch goes (in steering wheel) and I popped it out to look inside, so I would still need the clockspring and bracket. Does anyone have a part number for clockspring and bracket? How much tougher is it to install this way as opposed to cutting into the column cover and running 2 wires. Oh btw I have 2 grey wires in my harness, does it matter which one I splice into if I choose to take the easy route?
      the part number i have is for the 2008, and there's at least 4 different clocksprings to choose from. (I'm gonna give you the one that has Cruise, and the Remote Audio Controls) the part number is 96815135

Thanks
      Thank You, I contacted GM parts direct and they fixed me up. I had to give them the VIN number first.

Thanks
      Finally got mine done. I didn't go the full install because the other parts I needed were $416 before tax and shipping. I did mine a little different I took side cutters and cliped off the plastic posts on the inside of the switch so it would sit flush. I also moced it more to the top I couldn't get my finger between the wiper arm and switch. Thanks to all that helped.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi Guys,
      I´m an Argentinean owner of an 2011 G2 notchback (Sedan) Chevrolet Aveo.
      I´m trying to install the Cruise Control and Audio Control in my car. Here these features are not available neither as an option.
      I see that there are too many different wiring diagrams. As far as I can see, you connected your cruise switch to this connector here, right? :

You did not used this one here as the people in the other "cruise contros DIY" post:

Can you help me to identify if my car has Cruise Control from the factory? How can I know that? Where should I connect the cruise control switch?

Thank you very much in advance.
      Alex

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      what wires from the cruise unit, do you plug to the car wires? also would it fit mine, Canadian aveo5 2010 manual,

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast