•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 Cruise Control

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
      I'm taking the plunge on this....

I have a 2010 Aveo5 LS. Don't like the idea of adding an aftermarket unit to it. Figure it would be something for the dealership to use to deny any warranty work. So....

I got a steering wheel and column with cruise out of a junkyard for a 2009 Aveo.
      I have to pull the steering wheel off of it. This is where it became a pain in the.....
      .....there are no threads in the holes to use a steering wheel puller. I'm gonna have to modify something to remove it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to post pictures here? When I work on it tomorrow I'll snap some pictures and kinda do a how to on installing it in the factory location.
      This is how I'm wanting to do this. I'm just having trouble finding a column with everything. They take the switches out to remove the airbag and throw them away.
      Let us all know how this works out for you.

Thanks
      It's done.

Heres a little write up with pictures:

Aveo Cruise Control Installation - a set on Flickr

Any questions fire away.

BTW...the cruise light doesn't work in the dash I think that the light bulb is missing but I haven't pulled the dash out to confirm.

Thanks
      Nice write up. I found a place today that has column, wheel, and switches. But they want $170 so I'm going to keep looking.
      Last edited by NB99Z; 01-28-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks
      Try car-part.com That is what I use.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      you just used the switch and the clockspring (and that bracket) correct? not the whole used column.

Thanks
      I used the switch, clockspring, cc bracket, and the wheel. I think it was easier than changing the whole column.

Thanks
      I just got done putting cruise control on my 2010 aveo. I picked up a column out of a 09. They didn't have the cruise control switch for it. (They take the switches out to remove the air bags and pitch them.) GM parts direct list the clock springs as fitting 08-10's. But they list a different cruise control switch for 07-08's and 09-10's. I found a yard that had a 07 with a blown bag but still had the cruise control switch in the wheel. They sold me the switch for $5. I figured if the 08’s had the same clock spring as 09-10’s. Then most likely the only difference in the switches was the writing on them. Since everything is working (Except for the dash light of course) I’m going to assume I was right. The job wasn’t bad at all. It only took me one hour.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
      I used the switch, clockspring, cc bracket, and the wheel. I think it was easier than changing the whole column.
      Great slide show!
      I have a 2010 aveo5. Are these the only parts I need to install a cruise control in my car? What are the part numbers or where can I find them? I've never put a cruise on a car before but after looking at your your slide show it seems pretty easy (just take apart the steeringwheel, connect the connectors, and put it all back together again) Thanks!

ps did you ever get the light working?

Thanks
      You only need the clockspring, switch bracket, bolts/screws to mount switch bracket to steering wheel, switch, and the screws for the switch. You can drill and tap you steering wheel for the switch bracket. It's going to be a lot cheaper to just find a used column that has everything you need.
      I pulled my cluster out and there isn't a light (LED) soldered on it for the cruise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123