•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 09-10 DRL disable

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Why would you want to remove headrests and also why would you want to shut of daytime running lights? I'm just curious to see what the reason is...and if it's something I'd wanna do

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Beneficiall View Post
      Why would you want to remove headrests and also why would you want to shut of daytime running lights? I'm just curious to see what the reason is...and if it's something I'd wanna do
      Why remove a rear headrest?

Because if anything blocks my rear vision it impedes my ability to drive more ably and safely.

Why add a switch to control DRLs?

Because this is a free world and I want the choice of controlling my vehicle without it controlling me or being limited in my choices of owing it. I have driven cars for 40 years without having DRLs. I don't think they are necessary or useful unless it is dark or raining. I turn them on when I consider it necessary. And I turn them off when they are not essential. It's my car, it's my decision and it's my choice.

Thanks
      Hmmm....I feel I explained myself well as to the intent of the question. I simply asked what the reason was, so I could decide if I'd like to follow suit or not...not for a tirade about ownership and choice. Just a neutral inquiry for my own benefit.

Thanks
      Hmmm....I feel I explained myself well as to the intent of the question. I simply asked what the reason was, so I could decide if I'd like to follow suit or not...not for a tirade about ownership and choice. Just a neutral inquiry for my own benefit.
      You posed a question and I answered it:

You specifically asked why, seeking reasons.
      Right?

It's not a "tirade", it's just my stated opinion as to what my preferences are, explaining "why". There is no reason for you to take things personally. If you ask a question in a forum, be prepared to tolerate the opinions of others - especially when the forthright response given was in answer to your inquiry.

Thanks
      Alright, well..to each their own.. anyway..I was driving home last neight and looked at mine. I think I have decided ill remove mine as well. Did you plug the holes where the headrests were or was it a non-issue?

Thanks
      Alright, well..to each their own.. anyway..I was driving home last neight and looked at mine. I think I have decided ill remove mine as well. Did you plug the holes where the headrests were or was it a non-issue?
      Surely, you must be joking. Try not to make an "issue" where there is none.

Thanks
      Nope, error in communication. I like the idea of removing the headrests and will probably be removing mine after work

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      stands for : "north american daytime running light"

i had trouble taking my headrest out the first time too. after leaning the seat forward so it didn't hit the ceiling it eventually came out, i don't recall what i did exactly and i would go try if it didn't mean taking out a car seat.

try locking it in the highest position and releasing the button, then repress the button and pull on it?

I cant ant figure out how to get them out. I keep tugging on them....nothing..I don't want to pull to hard because if for some reason I want to put them back in..I'd like them to not be broken

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I looked today for a DRL fuse but could not find it.
      Here are the fuses located in the passenger compartment, screenshot taken from the user manual with translated names.

Name:  aveo_fusebox.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  105.2 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12