•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wheel vibration

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Anyone ever think it could also be that our lower control arms are kinda wierd? I get a strange popping noise when I turn tight at low speeds, but can't find anything ever rubbing.

Just a thought.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven
      Anyone ever think it could also be that our lower control arms are kinda wierd? I get a strange popping noise when I turn tight at low speeds, but can't find anything ever rubbing.

Just a thought.
      That sounds more like CV joints or wheel bearings to me
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian5475E
      chech and make sure the center bore is correct. if they just put some wheels on it without the same size center bore it will vibrate. you may need hub centric rings if this is the problem.
      ME thinks Brian gets the prize...try installing a hub centric kit... $30 bucks BAsed on what you said about the guys not getting the wheels on right every time.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

hmm.. that sounds like a good possibility...

I'll see about that next time I'm in..

Thanks!

J

just an update....

for the time being I'm just waiting to see what they want to 'do to make it right' kinda thing. I got a call the other day saying there are a few cars with this same problem, with similar rim and tire combinations. He said the waves seem to be the worst, but pursuits seem to have the same problem...

Something ain't right though, since I know there are many of you guys on here with 17" rims........

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      get hubcentric rings....

they stop the wheel from sitting on just the bolts and help keep the wheel in place...

wellllllllllll....

I got them to get those plastic rings, hubcentric rings I believe the same thing. They put them on, told me it was all fixed, and they have never been happier.. (this after now a total of at LEAST 6-7 visits to the dealer). Long story short, I took it out, hit 80kph, coast, and the wheel shook like crazy. Went back, took the shop foreman out, and he saw it, and admitted that he didn't have the right information. Now I took it back again.. they spent another day on it, road forced the wheels, and said 2 that had some minor curb marks on it were out of balance (even though that happened before they did the past 3 balances on them). then they tried some 'other mag wheels', not sure on those details, I never saw them, but said then it was still there. they called GM head office about it, waiting on a call back, but GM told them there are a series of complaints about this, and to test a new wave off the lot, and they did, and they say it was worse than my car. unfortunately I didn't have a chance to take it out myself, but as it sits at this moment, they are just waiting for the engineering dept. to call the dealership to confirm, but right now they are saying 'this is normal behaviour for this car'.. certainly not satisfactory, as cruising down the street over 70kph now, the steering wheel visibly shakes 1/2" to an inch.. This also makes no sense since the problem goes away when I put on the factory wheels. So I intend to put them on as soon as they tell me this is 'normal', and I'll be taking the car in with the regular ones, and proving to them that it is connected to those wheels...

Apparently according to GM suddenly there are a whole bunch of these complaints. However, that isn't what they said a few months ago when the dealer called head office.. so I don't know what is going on here. I'll have to test this other one myself to confirm the story, but if the one they have on the lot IS worse than this, they absolutely should not be selling it. plus, as per the other posts on here, no one else seems to have this problem.

Update again shortly.. also, does anyone have a link or access to gm tech. service bullitens that might cover this topic? I used to have an online link, but I can't find it right now.

thx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12