•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tire size

tire size

can someone tell me whats the biggest tire size that will fit in the stock rim (14") with out rubbing?

ty

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Why? Save your money and just get bigger wheels.

My car's wheels (17"s) cost about $1100 including tires, install and free rotations and flat fixing for life. Until you get better wheels you will just be paying for a problem on your aveo
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Quote Originally Posted by g0ast

My car's wheels (17"s) cost about $1100 including tires,
      i dont have that kind of money to burn all im wanting is to replace my old tire

Thanks
      In that case, your best bet is just getting another set of 14" tires, if you want to get bigger tires, they actually would cost more cause then you are approaching into off-roading tire territory, last I checked the Aveo isn't an off-roader...
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

look on ebay you can pick up a new set of 4 falken 14" tires size 185/60/14 for about 200-300 bucks. i wish i woulda done that b/c i hate highway tires, although the harder compound lasts longer. actually walmart sells stock replacement sized tires in directional tread here in west memphis so you might want to check your walmart. the brand name of the tires was kelly and i hear they have good rep for tires.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I'm running a set of bridgestone protenza g009s (185/60R14)... they're fantastic... nothing wrong with the 14" wheels.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by g0ast
      last I checked the Aveo isn't an off-roader...
      thanks for all the positive replies. ill check into them

for u GOAST i own a JEEP LIBERTY which is lifted so dont try to to tell me that i dont know what im talkin here

you can check out our LOST site http://www.lostkjs.com

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      I'm running a set of bridgestone protenza g009s (185/60R14)... they're fantastic... nothing wrong with the 14" wheels.
      Those are what I got when my stock fronts went bald around 20k miles. Got a real good deal on them and love them.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by pqaveo
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      Those are what I got when my stock fronts went bald around 20k miles. Got a real good deal on them and love them.
      I still have yet to under or oversteer (by accident) in dry conditions with them... the one day I even tried to make it understeer going up hill (bane of fwd)... was going like 45mph around a very long, tight bend... right suspension was totally loaded, WOT, 2nd gear...

just didn't have the power to break traction on the front tires
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

I don't think there is a tire in 14" flavor that will rub, unless you find a way to stuff some truck tires on those rims.

With all the focus on lowering and low profile tires, this question is kind of refreshing! I always thought that some cars actually look good jacked up with bigger meats on them (usually toyotas and subarus), maybe the aveo can pull it off too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast