•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: time for a brake job

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by brendan.melanson View Post
      Front brakes are easy, the back ones will give you the trouble. Good luck.

Oh by the way, spend the extra money on the higher end brake pads, they'll last a bit longer if you get the right kind and they'll have a lot better affect even if you do ride them a bit. I rode mine right to hell with my sudden needed stops after making my needle shake at the 200KMH mark. :P
      Remember, Ceramics aren't exactly an upgrade... they're a trade off, "side-grade". You're trading fade resistance for longer life. They also seem to have a narrower "peak operating temp range" than semi-metallics, and seem to take a little more to get into that range.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      I just buy expensive pads to prevent that nasty brake dust build up on my rims and hubcaps. As for the brakes, I haven't even looked at mine, although I have found tapping the throttle up once in a while makes the pedal feel better. Maybe a small vacuum leak somewhere? I will look into it more when it's warm and dry.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      A quality brake jobs goes along way. I bought my aveo 3 years ago with 108,000 miles, no brake squealing but at 110,000 I still did a front brake job. I resurfaced the rotors, lubed the shims, installed new pads that I bought from GM, 30,000 miles later and almost 3 years, i still have no squeals or squeeks from brakes, 4 months ago when i replaced my timing belt and waterpump, I inspected the brakes, I still had 80% pad left

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      My car has 105870 and I am currently on the fifth set of brakes and fixin to get the sixth set because I run a paper route the car is better with brakes than my mom's Saturn which goes through brakes every five to six months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12