Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: springs for aveo

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: springs for aveo

Quote Originally Posted by thebarber
      apex is 30mm = 1.2" f/r
      Apex springs are a 1.4" drop f/r. I'm an APEX dealer and a quick glance I didnt see any other apex springs that could have been less of a drop

Anyone know the springs rates for any of these springs? esp the H&Rs? Also are the H&Rs DOT and TUV approved?

I can find out what they are for the Apex springs, but won't do much good unless I have something to compare it too.

I'd recommend the Apex springs over everything else except for the price. I'm selling them for starting prices of 199 on ebay and it honestly isn't worth my time, and they still cost a bit more than everything else when you include shipping. But I'd def. go for Apex springs over anything else...just consider that extra few bucks you pay for the Apex springs for the warranty (4 years...cant beat that).

I know for the forenza/reno there are many springs available, but the only ones that are even legal in the US, and the Countrys to springs are made in are the Apex springs.

Sorry for the ebay link but I dont feel like uploading the picture anywhere. In this link there's a pic of a stock Aveo with the Apex springs:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0143342742

i mean is 3/16 of an inch that big of a deal?

Thanks
      Anyone want to buy my H&R's so I can get some Apex ones?? Slightly lower drop sounds good to me.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by BigNasty
      i mean is 3/16 of an inch that big of a deal?
      When lots of people are putting down Apex springs for the aveo b/c the drop isn't enough, yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven
      Anyone want to buy my H&R's so I can get some Apex ones?? Slightly lower drop sounds good to me.
      Actually the H&R's are 1/10th" lower in the front...but when your getting that exact there basicly the same.

Just cut your H&Rs...there are formulas online that can tell you how much you can cut and what method and you can figure out the spring rate you get. The reason cut springs are put down so much is if you cut too much off and certain methods will raise the spring rates so damn much the car could bounce off the road.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I ordered some apex today from a local shop should get them in 2 weeks...
      250$ cdn with taxes(around 230$ US)

Oh and I have to wait those 2 weeks because the chevy dealers around here ordered all the remainings..it seems some GM dealer finally understood that theres a tuning market for the aveo

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Hey Frank, just curious...why did you choose the Apex vs. H&R's?
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Quote Originally Posted by Frank
      I ordered some apex today from a local shop should get them in 2 weeks...
      250$ cdn with taxes(around 230$ US)

Oh and I have to wait those 2 weeks because the chevy dealers around here ordered all the remainings..it seems some GM dealer finally understood that theres a tuning market for the aveo
      what the hell are GM dealers gonna do with apex springs i thought they cant do anything but install GM performance parts, unless GM performance is gonna mock up some sport springs

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron-E-Babe
      Hey Frank, just curious...why did you choose the Apex vs. H&R's?
      first I had apex in my 2 previous cars and was pleased with them
      second they are cheaper
      third I could only get them online...meaning shipping charges and customs fees
      and fourth buying them at a local shop I was expecxting to get them faster than having them shipped(guess I was wrong on that one lol)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123