•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riding a lil rough?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Riding a lil rough?

I just got new wheels and tires, they are 17" wheels, and i am not sure if i was imagining it, or if it was just the area i was driving on cuz i know it wasnt the best of roads, but i felt like i was riding a tad bit rough on my new shoes.. also I have noticed that my steering wheel (or at least thats where i notice the shaking) has a more than slight case of the shakes, not talking Michael J. Fox either, these are more like Muhammad Ali shakes ( had to go there, sorry, lol)..I got a wheels mounted at Trader's Village (which is a swap meet/flee martket type place, where english is not the first langauge) so when i tried to ask if they would do a re-alignment i got blank stares, what does anybody think could be the problem causing this shaking, and its waay noticable..

ohh..and i saw people talking about lowering springs, is that still a possiblity with the 17" rims on there, tire well seems to still have plenty of space left, like i wouldnt doubt this car beable to fit 20" in rims with ease, not that i would reccomend, but it seems possible...

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: Riding a lil rough?

the rough ride is because you have less tire now to take the impact of bumps, probably should have went with 16's but i had the steering wheel problem too with my17's most likely because i never go it realigned or because the wheels might not be balanced

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

did you get hub rings??
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

not exactly sure if i got rings or not, about to put picutures up...yea i think the bumps im feeling is the tire size, but the rattling of the steering wheel has been there well before the change, just both of them together makes each very noticable..

Thanks

if you still have a warranty put the stock wheels on and take it to the dealership
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Yea def. need an alignment...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks

alignment balancing in a reputable shop (not your mexican in and out) and get them to measure your wheels with a vernier and get you a set of hub centrics
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

everyone in here is right, alignment, double check your wheel balance, and see if you have hub rings. you are right also in the you will feel more with less tire. also the 17's probably weigh a lot more that the stock 14's so you will feel imperfections in alignment, and wheel balance a lot more. the side wall of the tires on the 14s probably allowed for some play. if you get it realigned again i would do it with the 17's on.if thats the setup your going to drive on, thats the setup you need adjusted. i don't think alignments are under warranty on my car, except for their part failure? but simply changing a wheel and tire isn't going to void the warranty unless you wore out the wheel bearings or something.

Thanks

At the dealership I work at, changing tire and rim size does void your warranty on alignments. Is your vibration at high or low speeds?

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 07_aveo
      At the dealership I work at, changing tire and rim size does void your warranty on alignments. Is your vibration at high or low speeds?
      I think they were talking about actual suspension warranty like if something there is broke.

If you dont know if you have hub rings, chances are that you don't. They are very very important. Without them, it puts the weight on the lug nuts instead of the hub.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast