•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: major suspension and wheel upgrade

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      if it helps at all, my 04 aveo has 17x7 enkei RS6 rims, tires are somewhat mismatched for the moment, fornt is 205/40 toyo proxes FZ4 (discontinued so rear are different) and rear are 205/40 nitto neogen. they have been on the car a year (about 25,000 miles) toyos are at about 40% tread and nittos are about 75% tread. for suspension I have eibach pro-kit, 1.4 front 1.0 rear mated to KYBS, excel-2 front struts, GR-2 rear shocks. the overal ride is pretty good, 16s with a more sidewall would make for a pretty smooth ride. As far as chrome rims go, they may look good, but chrome is HEAVY

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulsaveo View Post
      if it helps at all, my 04 aveo has 17x7 enkei RS6 rims, tires are somewhat mismatched for the moment, fornt is 205/40 toyo proxes FZ4 (discontinued so rear are different) and rear are 205/40 nitto neogen. they have been on the car a year (about 25,000 miles) toyos are at about 40% tread and nittos are about 75% tread. for suspension I have eibach pro-kit, 1.4 front 1.0 rear mated to KYBS, excel-2 front struts, GR-2 rear shocks. the overal ride is pretty good, 16s with a more sidewall would make for a pretty smooth ride. As far as chrome rims go, they may look good, but chrome is HEAVY
      Any end link kit? When does the car actually need it other than loooow on coil overs?

What's wrong with my car? sambo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I'm new to the forum and the suspension talk, so please excuse me. I would like to know if is possible to lower my aveo with low profile 17s? Or how much lowering is needed to gain benefits? 2008 sedan 205 40 17. What's my best option?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      any lower, or a more performance spring rate will improve handling. handling is not the same as comfort.

those wheels and tire sizes will be fine with a mild-moderate drop.

What's wrong with my car? sambo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thanks, I appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12