•  

Thread: Lugs wont fit!

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Lugs wont fit!

New wheels new problem...ugh. The part on the outside of the rim where the lugs sit is too small to fit a lug nut in, dont ask me how it got that small I have no idea, no bends or anything, maybe a poor factory problem. Took it to discount tire and they didnt know why they said it was a problem from the factory and reccomended boring it out a little to fit a lug into place. First of all is this safe? And its not the actual hole thats the problem, its past the hole and the lug cant reach to the hole because the hole is too small.

Thanks
      pix?

Thanks
      I cant get pictures because my camera isnt working but its hard to explain but simple to see. to make it short, no lug nuts were able to be found when I went to a shop that will fit. on the 2 rims I can stick my index finger in area where the lug nuts are tightened, on the other 2 I cant....its too skinny to fit a wrench or a lug in there.

Thanks
      Oh, I think I know what you mean. The area for the lug nut is countersunk in the rim, and the countersink is really narrow.
      Can you find narrow Tuner lugs? If not, you might have to find some rim/tire place that can bore it out.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      first of all are you using tuner lugs...they are the ones that that you need the lug key to tighten or take them off. if not then thats what you need because i have the same problem with mine, i can use regular lugs that I can just use a socket to take off because there is no room to fit the lug and socket in. The tuner lugs do suck at times because the damn keys tend to bend and break but its usually the only way to get aftermarket wheels to fit.

Thanks
      got them to fit, pics coming soon!