•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Konig Bump tire size questions

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: Never mind Eagle alloy... Konig Bump

well thats on later models. . . right now i run stocks rims that are 14" i think the tire is 195/55r14

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

the wheel well is the same size, but your car should have been 185/60r14 factory. the change to 195/55r14 is wider with the same diameter.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

ok performance wise would you recommend going with a smaller rim like a 15 instead of the 16. i think the weight difference is like a pound or two difference. i think there like 16 or 17 lbs a tire.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

i autocrossed with a 16, and a 205/40r16 tire, with the pressure set, it performed terrific. I daily run a 195/45r15 tire, and with the same pressure checks it holds up as well as the car can handle.

The sidewall is a sort of compromise, you dont really want sidewall deflection in turns, but you need enough that the tire stays "flat" to the ground. so in aspects of tire performance, your talking a difference of more or less a 1/2" of sidewall between the two choices your looking at. I dont think you will feel a difference unless you really push the car hard. And as far as pot holes etc go, if you put the tires to the proper pressures and they both have reinforced sidewalls reflective of the size, there should not be a problem if you accidentally hit a pot hole.. my tires are small in comparison, and i've hit several potholes without any problems. If your really worried, buy a run flat tire, they deflect the least of all the tires, but are more money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12