•  

Thread: I"m lowering the Aveo and NEED INFORMATION!!!

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

I"m lowering the Aveo and NEED INFORMATION!!!

I just bought H&R springs to lower my Aveo and was wondering from others who already put springs on there car if they put new shocks in right away. If not did that affect your shock life a whole lot?.......premature wearness on the stock shocks because the car sits lower?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: I"m lowering the Aveo and NEED INFORMATION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AveoAmp
      I just bought H&R springs to lower my Aveo and was wondering from others who already put springs on there car if they put new shocks in right away. If not did that affect your shock life a whole lot?.......premature wearness on the stock shocks because the car sits lower?
      i pt h&r's on my aveo hatch a long time back and never changed the shocks....im still using those same shocks at 62,000 miles and seem fine with no obvious change...but still any lowering is going to effect the stock shocks and it depends on how you drive and where u drive

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoAmp
      i pt h&r's on my aveo hatch a long time back and never changed the shocks....im still using those same shocks at 62,000 miles and seem fine with no obvious change...but still any lowering is going to effect the stock shocks and it depends on how you drive and where u drive

Yeah thats wat i was thinking... I'll put them on and then when somebody comes out with sport/performance shocks than that can be put into play but as of now i dont think they make any..the KYB ones are just a different brand but same gas pressure as OEM shocks

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

I put the front springs on and the struts were so warn that one of them couldn't even hold up its own weight. This is with 20 sum thousound miles on the car. The rears were toast at 10,000 miles.

That said, the ride is ok, but I would highly recommend changing the struts and shocks... Now with that said, you can get rear shocks but KYB does not make the front struts yet. I wouldn't get OEM struts as they are only good for 20k so really whats the point.

I live in Vegas and we have a lot of road construction which is very hard on suspension.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      I put the front springs on and the struts were so warn that one of them couldn't even hold up its own weight. This is with 20 sum thousound miles on the car. The rears were toast at 10,000 miles.

That said, the ride is ok, but I would highly recommend changing the struts and shocks... Now with that said, you can get rear shocks but KYB does not make the front struts yet. I wouldn't get OEM struts as they are only good for 20k so really whats the point.

I live in Vegas and we have a lot of road construction which is very hard on suspension.
      KYB does make front struts now...

Right front: 333417
      Left front: 333418
      Rear: 343423 (x2)
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog

KYB does make front struts now...

Right front: 333417
      Left front: 333418
      Rear: 343423 (x2)
      good to know. :P i do believe extreme has them on his site too. not sure tho. but he can get them for sure.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

extreme, can you get these? If so, how much? www.tirerack.com still does not have them listed on their site. I also checked with Pep Boys a while ago when these part numbers were released and they can't get anything that's not in their computer