•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me choose my springs!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xtreme 2
      currently the springs offering the biggest drop are Intrax, which offer a 1.5" lowering all the way around... $179...

http://www.aftermarketaveo.com/proddeta ... d=25.1.011
      Cool, thanx man.
      After all my research that is what I came up with but I am glad that someone confirmed my decision.

Also, thanx for postin the link to the pic on the 18's. It is lookin like Intrax will be my choice.
      I have almost everything I would need to bag the car but I don't wanna deal with moisture freezing in the air lines in the winter. Plus, my wife said 3 bagged vehicles is enough.
      Judging by that pic, a drop on those wheels would stuff the 18's in the wheel wells rather nice, which is what I am goin for. A buddy of mine had 20's on his Scion xB and just got rid of it. He said I could have those rims for a song but I would rather be on something a little more practical.

THanx for the info

-Sean

2008 Aveo5- Crushed, debadged, tinted, more on the way

1994 Cutlass convertible- Bagged on 18's

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      If you're going to slam it, definitely head over to a local metal shop and have them make you at least a 1/4" thick skid plate to cover the oil pan... man holes love to pop up on you.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      If you're going to slam it, definitely head over to a local metal shop and have them make you at least a 1/4" thick skid plate to cover the oil pan... man holes love to pop up on you.
      It's really not that bad. I had my lacetti so low that it scraped every speed bump, if it could even get over it. I had it like this for 30k miles without any major issues. Worst thing that happened is the cross member got chewed up a bit. I scraped at least 10 speed bumps a day due to appartments for a little over a year. It's really funny getting it on a lift though and seeing the under side covered in yellow paint.

My front bumper was 6.5" off the ground, rear bumper 8.5", and allot of my peices light motor mounts and cross members were only 3" off the ground.

Thanks

Re: Help me choose my springs!

Has anyone Bagged a Aveo yet???

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XJCasper
      Has anyone Bagged a Aveo yet???
      ive seen a few sponsored/ company aveos do it

Thanks

Re: Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      It's really not that bad. I had my lacetti so low that it scraped every speed bump, if it could even get over it. I had it like this for 30k miles without any major issues. Worst thing that happened is the cross member got chewed up a bit. I scraped at least 10 speed bumps a day due to appartments for a little over a year. It's really funny getting it on a lift though and seeing the under side covered in yellow paint.

My front bumper was 6.5" off the ground, rear bumper 8.5", and allot of my peices light motor mounts and cross members were only 3" off the ground.

speed bumps aren't the issue. It's potholes and when they tear up roads to resurface them. The manholes sometimes stick up a good 4"... they'll tear your oil pan right off.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

heh, i got my springs done this weekend (what a bitch it was) took it out for a spin, all was good, went to a restaraunt with a slightly steep downgrade to get in to the p-lot. got in fine but comin out i slammed the bottom of my car HARD. point is everything is a hazard with a lowered car.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12