•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emailed a couple places and here's what was sent back.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Emailed a couple places and here's what was sent back.

I sent the following email/website contact to the following companies. Koni, KYB and Skunk2 Racing. I removed the shocks part for KYB as they already offer replacements.

Ryan

Greetings,

I was wondering if, at any time in the future, that Insert Company's name would be adding replacement shocks and struts for the Chevrolet Aveo to it's product line. Demand for an after market replacement strut is out there for the Aveo. The same part would be a match for the Daewoo Kalos, Pontiac Wave and Suzuki Swift+, meaning a minimum of four applications for one set of products. As stated on most automotive sites, shocks and struts should be replaced every fifty thousand miles. A lot of cars that were built in 2004-2005 should
      start replacing theirs in the coming months. The mileage on my car, a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo5, is almost forty thousand. Thank you in advanced for your time.

Ryan Handford

Koni

As of right now we do not have anything available. We are looking into
      if there is a carry over from another vehicle that KONI Holland may
      already be manufacturing. Maybe check back towards the end of the year
      to see if we have made any progress. We are looking into it but it is
      really low on the R&D priority list.

Thank you,

Stoney Hamilton
      Phone: 859-586-4100 x6
      Toll Free: 800-922-2616 x6
      Fax: 859-334-3340

KYB

Ryan,
      As of right now we only offer the rear shocks but the front struts are
      something that we are still looking into.

Thank you,
      Dan
      KYB America LLC

Skunk2 racing

Thank you for contacting the Helpdesk at Skunk2 Racing.

I have passed your recommendation on to our R&D department. Keep
      watching our website, or post to the helpdesk for information on new
      products. We expect to expand our aftermarket coverage greatly in 2008.

If you have any more questions regarding Skunk2 products or policy
      please let us know. Thanks.

Brian Nichols
      Customer Service
      Skunk2 Racing
      2050 5th St.
      Norco, Ca

Thanks for using the help desk, if you have any further difficulties or
      are required to respond to your request, please login to the help desk

Quote Originally Posted by thebarber
      if you cant take a joke, dont be one.
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      ah yes... the ricer scale.
      1 ricer = 3 vin diesel
      1 vin diesel = 2 paul walker
      4 paul walker = 1hp

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      they just basically told you "no we are not making them/dont ask us, we will tell you" kind of thing....i dont expect these companies to do anything.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I'm thinking KYB will since they make OEM replacements for just about every make. Especially as more and more Aveos start to collect miles. It is afterall one of the best selling small cars on the road.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      well i can vouch for a reason why they won't.
      Designer/Fabricator
      Action RaceFab

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      I'm thinking KYB will since they make OEM replacements for just about every make. Especially as more and more Aveos start to collect miles. It is afterall one of the best selling small cars on the road.
      i see more honda fits on the road than aveos....i dont think its selling that well,i bet GM will pull the plug on the aveo for 2009...

Thanks
      LMAO, surprised they didn't respond this way...

In reply to your letter,

Not any time in the future, or ever for that matter, Insert Aveo owners name , will we be adding replacement shocks and struts for the Chevrolet Aveo to our product line. Demand for an after market replacement strut is something we've seen nor will it ever be out there for the Aveo at a point where we can make a profit. Realizing the same part would be a match for the Daewoo Kalos, Pontiac Wave and Suzuki Swift+, meaning a minimum of four applications for one set of products still doesn't help us meet our bottom line. As stated on most automotive sites, shocks and struts should be replaced every fifty thousand miles. The vehicles you mentioned earlier are not expected to run that long. Thank you for writing and good luck buying a new vehicle soon.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist
      Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      i see more honda fits on the road than aveos....i dont think its selling that well,i bet GM will pull the plug on the aveo for 2009...
      I hardly ever see fits on the road. I see more and more aveo's every day (since 2005 when i got mine). I think it is selling pretty well by the looks of it.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Well, I know somewhere that WOULD make a setup for us, if we were willing to show GENUINE interest. (That mean adding your name to a Pre-order list with the true intent to buy when available)

I have a friend/contact that is the Owner of KSport, and they are located right down the street from my house. I've been begging him to look into this for my car, but without some other genuine interest its just not financially beneficial for them to invest thousands of dollars to develop a product, just to have them sit and gather dust on the shelf.

I will pursue this, but like many of my other pursuits, if you guys don't send in your individual inquiries, mine holds very little strength alone. Just the the Super Sport hood I am/was working on. After I gave out the contact information, no one has written or called to ask for it. No response means no interest to a manufacturer.

That said, I will post all the contact info here and hope that we all can start bombing their mailboxes with inquiries.

These guys offer alot of great products, but lets get started on the basics first.

http://www.ksportusa.com/

By phone at 480-829-8100
      By email at info@ksportusa.com
      By fax at 480-829-8103
      AOL IM KSPORTSALES

These are the basic model.
      http://www.ksportusa.com/products/kontrolpro.html
      Notice that these cost arount $1000 for a full setup, but include 32 point adjustment, built in coil-over spring, and ride height control.

Sounds like alot, but when you consider the all aluminum quality, the HUGE range of adjustability, and the fact that these are a great quality system, it is more then worth it. True question is...who is actually willing to put their wallet where their mouth is?

I've got my name on the list...anyone else? If we get enough TRUE interest, Nick will offer us a Group Buy price, making it cheaper for all of us.

So If you want shocks and struts form a quality manufacturer, and get the added benefit of built in coil-over, adjustable dampening, and an altogether kickass system, write to the email address above. And Call, and AIM them...FLOD them!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      eh, but Ryan, you as well as I know that if no one is really gonna buy it, why waste money to develop it?
      Designer/Fabricator
      Action RaceFab

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven
      Well, I know somewhere that WOULD make a setup for us, if we were willing to show GENUINE interest. (That mean adding your name to a Pre-order list with the true intent to buy when available)

I have a friend/contact that is the Owner of KSport, and they are located right down the street from my house. I've been begging him to look into this for my car, but without some other genuine interest its just not financially beneficial for them to invest thousands of dollars to develop a product, just to have them sit and gather dust on the shelf.

I will pursue this, but like many of my other pursuits, if you guys don't send in your individual inquiries, mine holds very little strength alone. Just the the Super Sport hood I am/was working on. After I gave out the contact information, no one has written or called to ask for it. No response means no interest to a manufacturer.

That said, I will post all the contact info here and hope that we all can start bombing their mailboxes with inquiries.

These guys offer alot of great products, but lets get started on the basics first.

http://www.ksportusa.com/

By phone at 480-829-8100
      By email at info@ksportusa.com
      By fax at 480-829-8103
      AOL IM KSPORTSALES

These are the basic model.
      http://www.ksportusa.com/products/kontrolpro.html
      Notice that these cost arount $1000 for a full setup, but include 32 point adjustment, built in coil-over spring, and ride height control.

Sounds like alot, but when you consider the all aluminum quality, the HUGE range of adjustability, and the fact that these are a great quality system, it is more then worth it. True question is...who is actually willing to put their wallet where their mouth is?

I've got my name on the list...anyone else? If we get enough TRUE interest, Nick will offer us a Group Buy price, making it cheaper for all of us.

So If you want shocks and struts form a quality manufacturer, and get the added benefit of built in coil-over, adjustable dampening, and an altogether kickass system, write to the email address above. And Call, and AIM them...FLOD them!
      wait, how much???

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast