•  

Thread: coilover question

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks

coilover question

good day gentlemen Ive got a question. I recently put coil overs on my 07 hatch and not to sound like a bitch but it rides terrible. Now Ive ridden in cars with coils before and nothing compares to this. It looks great i love it and i know its not going to ride like it did but is there anything im overlooking to help this.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      your kind of low, are you on the bump stops?

to get that low in the rear on my car i went to mk1 rear struts, what are you using?

What brand coil overs did you run?

If you are not on the bump stops, make sure you are not maxed out. It could always be the brand of coilover as well, i am not sure of your choices over there, but i have repeatly said they ride as good as they do on the car they were made for.. So yes, cheap coilovers still feel like cheap coilovers, and better coilovers still give the better rides.

Also did you reuse your worn out strut mounts? Have the sway bar attached?

Thanks
      just the guy i was hoping would help me out im running tuning art coil overs they were a bitch to get on i had to grind a lot more down than the pic and i had to drill new holes for the top bolts to go on the stock spindles yes im running old bushings it sucks but i don't have a lot of options over here im still waiting on the fifth person before you can order those kits so no sway bar as far being maxed out i don't think so i looked at your pics and i did the best i could to make it look like that the rears are all the way down and the fronts are 2in and 2mm just so i can still turn it rubs on the passenger side i don't think i put that side together right but they weren't cheap coil overs they said its the best ones i could get and you get a lot lower than the usdm style one but a lot more consequences if done wrong i suppose it could also be the roads as well its a lot of cobble stone but ounce im out on the autobahn its not to terrible it corners wonderfully but it bothers the wife so here i am thanks for getting back to me

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      I am not aware of that brand of coil overs, I know coil over prices in your area are very much different than here.

The thing that bothers me is that you had to drill a new hole, that makes me wonder if you got the right coilover? If you had to move the hole, that mean the sway bar kit would need redrilled as well. The swaybar will improve handling/rigidity/leveling in the front, but those things won't add comfort.

The back definitely sounds like you are bottomed out, instead of moving the suspension, your moving the car.

Which part # or a link to the coilovers you used? I would like to read and compare specs. The cobblestone road issue, well we have brick roads all through pittsburgh, it's definitely not comfortable to drive on all the time. I can do it though.

Thanks
      the holes for the kit will be the same as before i had to drill the coil over i think the thing ive noticed is euro cars and usdm cars are very different even the Chevy kalos is different so im not that surprised that i had to do more work to make it fit. ive got to wait till this weekend before i can get it on a lift to where i can and an inch to the rear and level the car out.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the spindles shouldn't be different, i went through a pretty extensive search of part numbers.