•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright Everyone! Its up to you =]

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Alright Everyone! Its up to you =]

I have 550 dollars. A black lowered Aveo Hatchback.

You are going to pick out my rims and tires.

I just can't do it, I have looked and looked and cannot settle on anything. Im leaning towards 8 or more spokes but who knows. Please please please help me!!

2008 Black Aveo 1.6L

Drive A Manual, It's better For You =]

http://www.myspace.com/bradsaidso

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: Alright Everyone! Its up to you =]

http://www.edgeracing.com/2004/Chevr...veo/wheels/16/

you will have to get a bundle with the cheapest 405/40/16 tire....you won't get much for $550

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Well I can tell you a few things you should and shouldn't do...

If you want the best look, get 17" wheels, you get an infinately larger selection of TIRES to choose from (compared to 15"/16"), however 15"/16" wheels cost less to get, so if you limit to just $550 then you might wanna get those, unless you get some ridiculously generic tirerack junk, then theres the other way, 18" wheels, but what's left of ride comfort goes out the window, plus 18" wheels are kind of dangerous cause 1 pot hole and there goes your fender...

If you want to get serious, go to a real wheel/tire shop and for the love of god stay away from corporate companies like Big O or any of those others, but if you are like "f*ck it", then by all means go there, and by the way you made this thread I think the latter

But, if I'd reccomend you to do anything, do what I did, find a mom and pop shop that only sells wheels and tires, but don't let them try to sell you what they have in stock, any good shop would have to order it/get it from a warehouse, like mine.

A GOOD tire shop should have BOOKS of available wheels to look through, and then prepare to spend some time looking and looking, it took me nearly 6 hours spread out among 3 days just to find mine, and I was specific as hell for what I wanted...

Buuut, with $550 your options are really quite limited and theres no way to get around it, if I could reccomend another thing it would be to save up some more $, try to get around $1000 to spend, and that $1000 should go for wheels, tires, install and all that stuff.

Mine cost $1100 for wheels, tires, install, and free LIFETIME rotations and tire repair, and discounted tires when the current ones need to be replaced from wear.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

dont listen to him ^ speaking from personal experience with 17's they look good but they come with baggage. one if you get 17's, to actually make them look good you will need to get lowering springs otherwise there will be a hint of lifted truck with stock height and 17's. second a 205/40 tire on 17's is not forgiving on any pot holes, either you will break something in the suspension or the wheel/tire. luckily when it happened to me it was just the tire that blew out its a pain to drive around with 3 17's and one dounut. these problems can be cured with getting 16's, even 15's, and you might even get better performance because they are lighter. with the 16's you can get a 215/40 tire or a 205/45 tire both will give added comfort to driving and add more forgiviness to hitting potholes plus you wont necessarily need lowering springs to make them look good. I'm a convert, I use to praise 17's all day saying they dont hurt performance and are the best size, but in reality they are just too big to be worth the hassle

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

you don't have to buy new, go on to kijiji or craiglist and find rims you like, you can get crazy rims with tires for 300$
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

n0k
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Ebay's got some pretty decent deals: $589 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Rim-T ... enameZWDVW
      “Indecision may or may not be my problem.”

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

I don't agree with aveosam...i've had 17's for over a year now and have hit almost every pothole on the road anywhere from 5-70mph, and I run over horribly paved train tracks at least once a week and nothing has happened...no bent rims, screwed up suspension or messed up tires, some places are worse to drive though. Lowering the car with 17's is by far the best look and probably your best bet, its not bad to have a backup set of stock or aftermarket 15's or lower for winter time or long trips

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Aveosam is wrong...

Lifted truck look? Lowering springs required? Lulz...

^ That's all stock baby... If anything the 17"s make it look actually lower than it really is BECAUSE they are bigger than stock... I don't have lowering springs yet, I'm looking to get something better. Also I do use Ecsta ASX 205/40's, and I go over old wood plank railroad tracks sometimes to and from work and nothing happens, I just have to slow down cause it feels so rough, just like anyone would...
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

how about a dead on profile shot... rather than the myspace angle :P
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

its really not bad thats mine stock on 17's, I highly doubt its more than a few inches higher than stock, if any. The rim makes up for the extra tire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast