•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17" wheels which springs ?

17" wheels which springs ?

Hi , I want to put 17" wheels to my aveo which springs would be the best ones , apex, intrax, eibach , for a nice drop which won't affect handling neither the car when being with 5 persons on board .

thanks

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      If you look at my "Wheel sizing help" topic in the Wheels and Tires section of the forum you will see that 17" wheels and tires have the same circumfrence.

The 14"s wheels gain just as much metal when it upgrades to 17" as the 17" wheels lose in tire rubber so it doesnt actually get any bigger than a 14".

To put it simply, any wheel size between 14" and 17" is the same so it doesnt matter what springs you use as it will be the same.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by g0ast
      If you look at my "Wheel sizing help" topic in the Wheels and Tires section of the forum you will see that 17" wheels and tires have the same circumfrence.

The 14"s wheels gain just as much metal when it upgrades to 17" as the 17" wheels lose in tire rubber so it doesnt actually get any bigger than a 14".

To put it simply, any wheel size between 14" and 17" is the same so it doesnt matter what springs you use as it will be the same.
      ummm thats wrong...aveosam has 17s on his and it raises it about a half inch he says....14-16 to my knowledge play no part in the ride height of the car.
      and i would say go with H&R thats what im gonna go with cuz i know there great quality.

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      im not sure any springs will sound too good with a full car...last time i had all my friends in the car the back would bottom out on the shocks on good size bumps and would make alot of noise

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      mine does that too, i took my family to the airport once (4 of us in the car) and i was hitting everything in sight!

unless you run a 20 series tire that would be ballsy but it would ride like a skateboard

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      ummm thats wrong...aveosam has 17s on his and it raises it about a half inch he says....14-16 to my knowledge play no part in the ride height of the car.
      Neither does 17s for the most part if you go with the right tire. Stock tires are 185/65/14, right?

That'd be a diameter of 23.47 and circumfrence of 73.73. 205/40/17s put you at a diamter of 23.46 and circumfrence of 73.70. Hell that's actually smaller. If it's not too wide a 215/40/17 wouldn't even be that bad...and that's a damn wide tire for such a light car.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM

i wasnt just pulling that out of my ass, I actually measured it. i have 205/40 on my 17's and it raise it about a half an inch...yea you could run 205/35 and stay about the same but 35 are too thin to be running unless you want an extremely harsh ride and the risk of bending rims....ive calculated it online too and the overall diameters for 215/40/17 and 205/40/17 is larger than stock.... http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalcul ... ion=submit

go there and enter Stock Tire - 185/60R14 compared to 205/40/17 and you will see that the overall diameter for stock is 22.74 inches while 205/40/17 is 23.45 inches. You should probably check your facts before you tell someone they are wrong
      this is from another thread but proves my point again...your using the wrong stock size to compare

Heard good things about the Eibachs, and will probably go with them myself.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      this is from another thread but proves my point again...your using the wrong stock size to compare
      I stand corrected! Do some aveos come with 15"?

I recommend apex lower springs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast