•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speakers/subs

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

speakers/subs

would it make a difference if i changed all speakers in the car with after market ones ? if yes which ones, and i dont want to pay to expensive... and will they fit with the stock radio..... also i would like to put a sub in the future, i no i have to change the radio (well at lease i think) is it hard to change is the wire ring simple like a chevy pickup....
      thanks ! and around how much is this ?

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      their really isnt a simple answer to your question other than yes after market speakers will improve the sound of music in the aveo. price wise and for what type, their are SO MANY companies that make decent to great speakers for very little to really high cost. what you need to do is figure out what you want when you are done with your stereo, then it will be easier to figure out what you can go with. An aftermarket stereo makes things alot easier too. depending on what year your aveo is, you can get a radio harness kit and mounting kit for $10 to $20. JL Audio has something called a cleansweep, other companies have similar products, but its a way to add amps and all sorts of other audio equip with the stock radio.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      yeah and my aveo is 2010

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mike1994 View Post
      yeah and my aveo is 2010
      Does your aveo have on-star installed (it doesnt have to be activated)?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulsaveo View Post
      Does your aveo have on-star installed (it doesnt have to be activated)?
      no i have the most basic aveo xD...

Thanks
      You shouldnt have any issues with upgrading aside from deciding what type of sound you want. I dont know what size spekers your aveo is equipped with, my 04 hatch had 4 inch in the front door and 4x6 in the rear. best thing you can do is shop around check stereo shops, they usually have speakers on demo you can listen to, most basic after market speakers as long as you get the same size as factory will give you better sound and wont have issues mounting them. if you want to upgrade the whole stereo, start with a good head unit, a few places sell wire harnesses that you match to the after market head unit and plug directly into the plag that comes from the stock radio. just replacing the head unit, gives you better ( slightly better) than stock sound. then you can get a decent 5 channel amp to power a sub, front and rear speakers (preferably coaxial for good sound), if you want to go big for not alot of money you can also get a dedicated sub amp, and a mids and highs amp and component speakers for front. it comes down to what you want. if you just want decent, get a good head unit, replace all the stock speakers and get a small sub amp and a small sub. options are endless.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by paulsaveo View Post
      You shouldnt have any issues with upgrading aside from deciding what type of sound you want. I dont know what size spekers your aveo is equipped with, my 04 hatch had 4 inch in the front door and 4x6 in the rear. best thing you can do is shop around check stereo shops, they usually have speakers on demo you can listen to, most basic after market speakers as long as you get the same size as factory will give you better sound and wont have issues mounting them. if you want to upgrade the whole stereo, start with a good head unit, a few places sell wire harnesses that you match to the after market head unit and plug directly into the plag that comes from the stock radio. just replacing the head unit, gives you better ( slightly better) than stock sound. then you can get a decent 5 channel amp to power a sub, front and rear speakers (preferably coaxial for good sound), if you want to go big for not alot of money you can also get a dedicated sub amp, and a mids and highs amp and component speakers for front. it comes down to what you want. if you just want decent, get a good head unit, replace all the stock speakers and get a small sub amp and a small sub. options are endless.

kkk well i looked and price is not that much an ishu, all i want to know is how to instal an after market radio ?? were to get the plastic for a tite fit ??

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I bought mine through Crutchfield. Easy plug and play:

All in all, I think that took me ~ 2 hours to install with taking a ton of breaks. The hardest part was not following a DIY and figuring out which pieces come off where in the dash.

But he's right, start with a decent head unit and you won't be sorry.

Mine is a 2010 by the way. Crutchfield had the wiring harness and the din install kit. Just go to their website while you're shopping around and you can find everything you will need.
      Last edited by RoRo; 06-10-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      that looks clean,, but i could not find the plastic thing that you put the head unit in ???

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mike1994 View Post
      that looks clean,, but i could not find the plastic thing that you put the head unit in ???
      Ebay or crutchfield. when you have the new radio, their will be wires coming off the back, the harness that will be specific for the car will splice into the wires coming of the new radio, the radio wires and harness wires should all match up, once harness and radio wires are properly secured, the harness will plug directly into the harness that you will unplug from the stock radio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast