I figured out a way to remove stock knob, cut down shaft 2 inches and keep reverse lock out.
I took a knife and cut off the rubber from stock knob and that revealed a littler plastic knob. I used the knife and cut that a little and used pliers to pull it off. I took the spring out and pull off the plastic lockout part. Where the shifter boot was zip tied to it I cut it off at the bottom.

I put the newly cut lockout part back in. I put my new shift knob(just a regular Autozone knob not for reverse lockout in any way)and just set it on and measured how deep it went in and added a half inch for space for the lockout. I took the total height and from the top of the lockout I just cut add the height and marked it that was my cut off point. It was about 2 inches.
Now to take care of the reverse lock out problem. All I needed was a spring that is about 1 inch long. On the lockout part there are 2 oval openings I put 1 end of the spring on drivers side oval opening. Where the shifter shaft connects to the linkage that goes to the transmission I put the other open end of the spring through a zip tie and tightened it to the end of the linkage. That was confusing look at the pictures for a better idea. The spring will act as the new downward tension.

Now I put the boot on and tightened to the shaft instead of the plastic lockout. Put on the new knob and tighten it down.

To pull up and put it in reverse I just reach down and grab the little lip I left on the lockout and Just pull up. Shifter is in reverse in the picture.

Its not the most efficient or correct solution but i put my car in reverse 5 times a day max if that, so I can live with it and so far I have had no problems and it works just fine. The spring and zip tie have no effect in the shifting and their is no binding or anything like that. I hope this helps.