•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this possible? (convert manual to power windows/locks)

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

is this possible? (convert manual to power windows/locks)

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I have an aveo with manual locks and Windows. I found on craigslist an aveo with power locks and windows that was being parted out. Can i take those doors? Is there a harness anywhere in my car to allow me to do this. Also i have a sedan, his was a hatchback. The doors look identical. Thanks.

I'll keep it and add a turbo thankful_ragamuffin's Avatar
      Thanks
      If the doors were to physically fit, which they probably won't due to differences in roof line, you can run into a nightmare getting them to work. Aside from the necessary harnesses, you will need the correct Body Control Module to run them. The car will need to accept the BCM. If your car has equipment or is missing equipment from what the donor car had, even with a reflash, it may not work due to compatibility or Can-Buss issues. It is a lot of hassle and only you can decide if the end result is worth it. You may want to research aftermarket window/lock kits.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      im not sure how far out the universal harness extends year to year, if you are seriously considering this, the get a wiring diagram and see how far out the wiring exists, if it does.

Based on my research for the fog lights addition, the wiring should have been there, it was not.

Thanks
      I just bought a kit on ebay to convert locks and windows to automatic, since i was in the same predicament as you. installation includes taking off door panels(plastic inside), wiring things up and putting door panel back on.
      Driving at the speed limit--hideous thought.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ave07 View Post
      Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I have an aveo with manual locks and Windows. I found on craigslist an aveo with power locks and windows that was being parted out. Can i take those doors? Is there a harness anywhere in my car to allow me to do this. Also i have a sedan, his was a hatchback. The doors look identical. Thanks.
      it would help to know what year and Body Style you have, as it would make our advice A LOT easier to give. and to Rabbit; I've done some Research of my own while diagnosing my Oxygen Sensor Problem. I have a Wiring Diagram of the Aveo Sedan's Fog Lamp Circuit, and the Ambient Temperature Sensor for the DIC, as well as the pinouts for all of the connectors involved. from what i've seen by looking under Scoots' Dash and Driver's Side Kickpanel, I believe at least the 1LT Aveos are Pre Wired for Fog Lamps all the way to the Underhood Fuse Box. if it would Appease the Court, I can Upload the Diagrams and Connector Pinouts in question.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thankful_ragamuffin View Post
      If the doors were to physically fit, which they probably won't due to differences in roof line, you can run into a nightmare getting them to work. Aside from the necessary harnesses, you will need the correct Body Control Module to run them. The car will need to accept the BCM. If your car has equipment or is missing equipment from what the donor car had, even with a reflash, it may not work due to compatibility or Can-Buss issues. It is a lot of hassle and only you can decide if the end result is worth it. You may want to research aftermarket window/lock kits.
      Thank You for the response. I probably won't do it now. I was curious just to see if I could just remove and replace. I'm aware of the kits. Have you ever installed one? I couldn't find one in the how to section. Thanks

Thanks
      I'm going to replace the locks and windows next weekends...I'll take pics and post them once I have it done
      Driving at the speed limit--hideous thought.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by jman765 View Post
      I'm going to replace the locks and windows next weekends...I'll take pics and post them once I have it done
      That would be awesome man. Thank you.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      it would help to know what year and Body Style you have, as it would make our advice A LOT easier to give. and to Rabbit; I've done some Research of my own while diagnosing my Oxygen Sensor Problem. I have a Wiring Diagram of the Aveo Sedan's Fog Lamp Circuit, and the Ambient Temperature Sensor for the DIC, as well as the pinouts for all of the connectors involved. from what i've seen by looking under Scoots' Dash and Driver's Side Kickpanel, I believe at least the 1LT Aveos are Pre Wired for Fog Lamps all the way to the Underhood Fuse Box. if it would Appease the Court, I can Upload the Diagrams and Connector Pinouts in question.

If you can that would be good or email them to me at jbetancourt01@gmail.com.... Im thinking about getting the fog lamps for my 11 Aveo, but can't find them on Ebay....
      JohnB

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by metroII View Post
      If you can that would be good or email them to me at jbetancourt01@gmail.com.... Im thinking about getting the fog lamps for my 11 Aveo, but can't find them on Ebay....
      I have the same car as you and i got my fog lights off ebay for like 95$ comes with everything you need.
      2007 2011 Chevy Aveo 4DR Fog Lights 07 08 Pontiac G3 w Wiring Kit Instruction | eBay Enjoy

Edit: Homie helping me install it.

Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by molokaiboi; 06-29-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast