Friday, I finally go to get my new stereo installed. I went to Car Toys, a popular chain, at least up here in WA.
I ordered a new Clarion head unit, and the PAC Audio SWI JACK steering wheel interface.

They gave the word "no problem, you will need a dash kit, wiring harness, the SWI, and we will have it all installed in an hour or so."

The tech couldn't get a kit for the sedan without special ordering it, but for the temporary, set it up with an Avalance kit until the proper dash kit came in. No problem!

An hour later, the tech comes back out, saying "I can't get the SWI to work with your car." And I am sitting here thinking, "Well ****! The only reason I wanted to upgrade was because I could keep my steering wheel controls!" But hey, what ever, I can always get them re-installed later if needed, I will roll with it, it cut about $120 off my overall install. No big deal.

They bring the car around, new head unit installed. Groovy, rocks out, sounds good.

OOPS, I forgot to tell them to go ahead and re-line in my tube via RCA and remote, so I can get it off my rear speaker. No worries, easy job, I will do that at the house.

So, I get the RCA lines (fosgate) with a remote lead to line in my sub. Take my dash apart, pull out the radio and HOLY ****! The assholes cut the original harness and direct wired the new stereo.
I look at the receipt and it shows a harness under parts. $17.99 taken from stock. But in the dash, no harness. Worse off, they cut one harness completely off, and the other with the remote leads for the steering wheel controls, they cut the leads off it so short that there is no way it can be re-connected. At this point my blood is boiling, face is red, I am ready to throw something.

I go back to car toys only to see some little snot nosed kid, I explain the problem calmly, and he replies "Well, they couldn't find the correct harness, so they just wired it in direct, it is no big deal." To which I heatedly explained to him, "If I wanted a chop job, I would have taken it to the 16 year old kid next door. Hell, I could have done it properly by ordering everything from Crutchfield and doing it myself. I brought it here because I didn't want to do it, and I wanted it done right. If you didn't have the harness, you should have told me that you didn't, I would have had you special order it like you are doing the dash kit, or gone to a shop that did have the correct harness! Moreover, it looks so sloppy that tomorrow, I am going to have to take the car to the dealership to see if the technicians crappy work voided my warranty!"
So, tomorrow, it is to the dealership, then possibly the lawyers, then back to Car Toys to see what they are going to do to fix their screw up.

It's on! Time to go to war!