•  

Thread: Dynamat Install

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Dynamat Install

I got a 36ft^2 bulk pack from eBay for about $118 shipped. The install went pretty well, albeit very time consuming. I managed to get from the start of the rear seats back. You can really tell the difference. I need to get two more bulk packs to finish the job, i.e. doors, front and firewall. If you haven't done it before, make sure you use small strips.
      It freaked me out a little bit to hear the back so quite. The road noise is less, but the intake makes up for it. My lady loves that noise
      End Result:
      http://www.aveoclub.net/phpBB2/garage.p ... age_id=154

Still love my daily driver aveosummit's Avatar
      Thanks
      NICE JOB...
      Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Arc Audio - Stetsom - DLS - GermanMAESTRO - Clarion
      Your Sound is our Quality

Thanks
      and I only cut myself 4 times

update: my lady wants me to do the rest so only a matter of time until I pull out the seats and do it all. Once I get $236 and a lot of free time. I made her agree to help me next time.

a strong applaud form me as well, i will be doing this to my sedan when i do my custom interior project in the back...

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Not that I am drag racing, but how much weight does that add? I'm considering doing it to the rear of mine as well.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks
      The weight is pretty hefty, but it's spread out. I had a bag of tube sand in the back in case I ever got stuck in the snow (as well as zip ties to close the bag back up) and after I put in the dynamat I took out the sand bag an still noticed the difference. I don't plan on taking the Aveo over 75 very much so it's a great trade off.

Thanks
      So it's been a while since the install and I am still satisfied with the end result. Before the end of July I'll have most of the car done (with some help). I'll be sure to take more pics and share my experiences this time around.

As for what I installed so far:
      Doing the hatch was really simple. I cut (make sure to have a utility knife with plenty of replacement blades) the sheets into 9"x3" strips and used a cheap roller I picked up at Home Depot to work out bubbles and to stick the mat in place. I recommend you buy a six pack of adult beverages because it takes a while. Just pull up a piece or two of trim/carpet and roll it on. Be sure not to leave gaps and it's okay to overlap a bit. My install looks like a collage of garbelled logos and print, but it under carpet and panels so it's no big deal. If you want to make a car lighter, don't use this stuff unless you rip everything out and line the car to keep the noise down. More notes to come with the next job.