•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Front Speakers

Custom Front Speakers

So in just about EVERY vehicle out there...a stock system comes with 2 speakers up in the front part of the car...almost ALWAYS in the doors. Im thinking about making a custom place for some hard hitting speakers. Has anyone done this? for any car? take the speakers out of the door, and install new ones else where in the front of the car. Thats what i plan to do, jes wondering if anyone had an insight on where to put them

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      hmmm i think it would be cool to put them somewhere under the dash on the side. and keep the ones in the door.

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I think something like this would be cool

LOL... Guess I should start reproducing these pods for you all..Black 'Glass or Billet-Proof 'Glass ok?

Still love my daily driver aveosummit's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Custom Front Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by megaveo610
      So in just about EVERY vehicle out there...a stock system comes with 2 speakers up in the front part of the car...almost ALWAYS in the doors. Im thinking about making a custom place for some hard hitting speakers. Has anyone done this? for any car? take the speakers out of the door, and install new ones else where in the front of the car. Thats what i plan to do, jes wondering if anyone had an insight on where to put them

What exactly do you mean by hard hitting speakers? What are you trying to achive by relocating the speakers(better staging(sound quality), spl(loudness))?
      Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Arc Audio - Stetsom - DLS - GermanMAESTRO - Clarion
      Your Sound is our Quality

Thanks
      by pointing the drivers side to the passanger and visa versa you achieve good sq. using speaker pods you can aim the speakets properly. hope that help.

Thanks
      http://www.cdtaudio.com/pdf/Stereo_Imaging.pdf
      for imformation on stereo imaging

http://www.cdtaudio.com/pdf/Staging_flyer.pdf
      for more information on staging

Sound quality generally is the quality of the audio output from various electronic devices.

Sound quality can be defined as the degree of accuracy with which a device records or emits the original sound waves. For digital recording/digital playback, this accuracy depends on the range of sound which is sampled, the rate at which it is sampled, and the various conversions that occur in any sound reproduction system. With lossy codecs such as MP3 and Ogg Vorbis, sound quality is a quantifiable factor that determines how much sound data the encoder is allowed to discard in order to reduce file size. MP3-encoded sound is generally CBR, so its quality is defined by its bitrate, in kilobits per second (kbit/s). Quality of Ogg Vorbis-encoded files, which are most commonly VBR, is a decimal value ranging from –1 to 10, with –1 being suitable only for low-quality voice.

The range of sound (in hertz) which the equipment detecting the sound samples affects sound quality. Humans can hear vibrations ranging from about 20 Hz to approximately 20 kHz, so sampling that doesn't extend this far will have a detrimental effect on the resultant quality.

The rate at which the sound is sampled refers to the amount of information the detection equipment records about each second of sound. More information about the shape of the sound waves results in a more accurate sample, in other words, this is due to the digital quantization of the analogue sound wave.

The conversions of sample range and sample rate between different pieces of equipment in a sound recording and reproduction system will affect the quality of the sound. More conversions usually results in a lower level of quality.

Sound quality is the physical pleasure or fatigue experienced by a listener, and is typically characterized in a live setting by the skill of the musicians, the tonal quality of their instruments, and the physical traits of the venue. In a playback setting it is characterized by the same traits as in a live setting but is also affected by the recording techniques and equipment used, from the microphones at the session to the final pressing at the record or compact disc factory, to the quality of electronics and speakers used to recreate the sound in a listener's home.-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_quality

C3 Testimonials

Thanks
      The following articles talk about rear fill, which I think is something that needs to be considered. When focusing on the front speakers.

http://www.cdtaudio.com/pdf/Learn_rearfill.pdf

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

http://www.termpro.com/articles/rearfill.html

C3 Testimonials

Thanks
      well since we all have the same car (+/-) than someone (Phillip?) can tune theirs and just give us the laymens for basic intsall. Like "In the front Aim Both speakers where a dome light would be in any typical car." <-- Thats not real advise guys, don't try it I say that because sometimes I'll read something and it'll commit to memory, so when I go to do it I say to myself "I read somewhere that this was the best option."

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kirbycope
      well since we all have the same car (+/-) than someone (Phillip?) can tune theirs and just give us the laymens for basic install. Like "In the front Aim Both speakers where a dome light would be in any typical car." <-- Thats not real advise guys, don't try it I say that because sometimes I'll read something and it'll commit to memory, so when I go to do it I say to myself "I read somewhere that this was the best option."
      Well something that you must know is that most speakers do not produce an even sound wave, which makes staging them very difficult. The solution is usually to play the speakers in a variety of locations to find out what sounds go to you(since personal options differ). When you move into the higher end audio speakers ie., morel, rainbow, cdt audio, genesis, etc..... they can be placed in factory locations and still sound great because they produce an even sound wave. The previous links that were given more for your reading pleasure and general information. as kirbycope said you have to be the judge of what you read.. Also you must consider are you planning to design a soundstage for sound quality or do you just want the music to sound better then factory.

C3 Testimonials

ok those pix look cool i think the under dash is the best option though.
      these speakers are hitting so hard its rattling the door apart, and sounds like crap, im done putting that stupid sound foam crap all over its not working

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast