•  

Thread: crutchfield is wrong.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

crutchfield is wrong.

crutchfield's internet page for the aveo says it uses 4" front door speakers but dont we have 5 1/4" speakers factory or am i wrong. anyway my problem is that i want the harness adapter from them but you can only get it with 4" speakers and i want 5 1/4" pioneers which dont come with the harness adapter. should i just contact them and tell them they are wrong or what?

Chad Turnbow - 2006 Chevrolet Aveo LS

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2421514

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      no because the front speakers are 4''.... You can put 5 1/4 but you'll need 1 inch spacers.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

about aveo front door speakers...

Ok, while it's still fresh in my mind...

For the record, Saff's Wheee mobile has the stock am/fm/cd/mp3 player which is just fine. The mp3 cd portion plays excellent. MP3 cd's burned in 320 Kbs sound excellent.

The deal with the front speakers is that they are NOT 4", and, they are NOT 5-1/4". They are old style 5" speakers. They are not round like a modern speaker, they are rounded except at the screw locations where they are squared (kinda). They do not have little ears. I"ve been dealing with this since Sunday, July 15th when I went to have new 6-1/2" coax's put in, but found out that not only did I need back spacers but, I also needed shallow depth speakers at that. The original factory depth spacer WITH factory 5" speaker is 1-5/8" deep. And, if you purchase some backspacers, say a 1" and a 1/2", and you purchase a 6-1/2" speaker with a massive magnet, they are going to hit the the bottom window bracket. As it it, the stock 5" speaker magnet just barely clears the bracket by a hair. So unless you are able to find a speaker that is the exact size, or the diameter at the speakers basket is more than 5", you'll be having trouble fitting the speaker flush with the stock spacer. I"m still trying make the stock spacer work by trying different speaker brands. Tomorrow july 18, I hopefully will have this resolved. I will report back.

As far as what I've done, it's a pretty simple upgrade. I'm only upgrading the front speakers to either a coax or a triax in either a 5-1/4" or a 6-1/2" with a 1-1/2" total, back spacer. The speakers can only have a top mounted depth of 1-3/4" without hitting the the bottom window bracket.

I have installed a Bazooka 300 watt RMS amp, bridged into mono with a bass level control mounted in the console. The sub is a 10" Kicker CV in a trapezoid enclosure. The enclosure can either be run sealed, partially ported or fully ported. The enclosure has a rectangular 2 section port. Each port is 1-1/2" X 4". I find that it runs more effieciently with one port opened, one sealed. No fancy wiring necessary. I've disconnected the rear speakers, ( by the way, I have a hatchback.) and extended the wiring to the high level input of the amp. I have #10 gauge wire for the power with a 20 amp fuse. I have amp remote tapped to the factory radio wiring via the accessory wire (the yellow one). The radio legend on top of the radio shows a B+ for the remote antenna but there is no remote antenna. The ground wire is bonded to the left hand side of the spare tire compartment, out of the way, of course. Those of you who are hard core audiophiles, as I once was, don't nag me because of the ground. Yeah, yeah, I know, ground loop, noise buzz... nope, I don't have any of it.

The system sounds excellent and is extremely loud except that there is a lack of high's. So this is why I"m changing the front speakers.

I hope this info will help some of you out.