•  

Thread: Cruise Control Quit!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Cruise Control Quit!

My 2 month old '08s cruise control stopped working at 1935 mi. Is it a fuse or a
      dealer repair shop trip for me?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Re: Cruise Control Quit!

Since you car is still under warranty I say take it in for a diagnostic check. The cruise control is regulated by the EMS (CPU) and that EMS has a memory buffer that can help diagnose the problem and the source of the problem. In any case, be sure you take it in before you run the engine 40 times. At 40 times the buffer will be over written and you won't know the source of the problem.

Aside from using a GM diagnostic computer, there is not much beyond checking connections and the cruise button itself. The book recommends turning the steering lock to lock whilst cycling the buttons (the cables run along the steering column).

Goodluck

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: Cruise Control Quit!

Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d
      Since you car is still under warranty I say take it in for a diagnostic check. The cruise control is regulated by the EMS (CPU) and that EMS has a memory buffer that can help diagnose the problem and the source of the problem. In any case, be sure you take it in before you run the engine 40 times. At 40 times the buffer will be over written and you won't know the source of the problem.

Aside from using a GM diagnostic computer, there is not much beyond checking connections and the cruise button itself. The book recommends turning the steering lock to lock whilst cycling the buttons (the cables run along the steering column).

Goodluck
      Its after 15 cycles of the key. I have been having airbag issues and they told be to bring the car in within 15 cycles of the key. The quicker you get it up there, the less you have to worry.

2008 Chevy Aveo LT