About a year ago, I had money, and a brand new low miles aveo5. Wanted a sweet stereo for it. So I purchased an Alpine, the guys whom I thought were top dog in the car audio business.

They dropped the ball on this POS head unit.

Some of you have probably seen my talking this radio up in a few posts. I now regret doing so, and i'm sorry if my advice pushed anyone toward buying it.

It has an internal flaw that turns off the built in amp and built in bluetooth. You have to go into the menu to turn them back on. Alpine has a fix that you have to send in to their repair center to have them apply. It worked for several months.

Today I adjusted the clock on my car stereo for day light savings time, and then turned off the car and went to work. Get out of work turn on my car, and both the amp and bluetooth are turned off. The glitch is back.

I have went through to much headache with that unit, and although the sound quality and features are great, that one major flaw ruins the entire unit for me. I traded it in and got a cheaper unit today from JVC and will purchase the bluetooth adapter for it at a later date.

If you are looking for a nice deck, avoid the CDE-103BT. It starts off great, then quickly takes a dive.