•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Stereo Install HELP

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Aftermarket Stereo Install HELP

I have bought an after market Pioneer Radio for my 2007 Chevy Aveo LS Hatchback
      I bought the wiring harness and hooked up all wires from new stereo lead and I get
      no sound from Front speakers only rear. I replace factory stereo and get front speakers back again
      I know its probably something simple I am missing but I really need help

Thanks in advance

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Aftermarket Stereo Install HELP

you are mixing up a wire somewhere on the harness im guessing

some are the same color but have other markings on them like a black stripe or something, check all of your connections really good

Thanks

Everything is hooked up correctly on the harness. This issue is really confusing me I have even since posting tried to wire directly using the wiring diagram on top of factory radio. No I didnt cut harness I used suitcase connectors and still no front speakers only rear. But as soon as I plug factory stereo back in I have front speakers???? I am about to go nuts

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

It could still be the wires or the connectors. Check the pins, make sure none of them are bent at all in the aftermarket connector. They could be straight in the radio, so when you plug in the harness it works well, but the pins for the front speakers in the wiring harness could be bent/touching.. something of that sort.

And just because you went by the diagram on top of the unit doesn't mean you wired it correctly. No offence meant, but double/check your wires against the wiring diagram on top and the one that came with your radio/aftermarket harness..
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

Okay I have rechecked everything all connections Followed directions for Harness / and what was on top of stock radio still no front speakers.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

This is a redundant question, but have you checked the "fade" setting on your stereo to make sure it's not set all the way to rear?
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

good question lol

how many wires do you have left over, should have two

Thanks

LOL Yes I checked the fader (Never hurts to ask tho) Been known in the past to do something like that. Once I hooked up harness I have a Blue and an Orange wire left on the after market harness. No one seems to know the issue someone said it sounds like there is a factory amp however its an Aveo5 ls very minimum additions. There are 2 more color wires running in the factory harness tho one is white with red stripe which on top of factory stereo is a Remote Ground. And then a Green with red strip that says Remocon Front Signal
      in the after market harness nothing pins to these. Just really confused!!!! Ready if I cant figure it out to just run new speaker wire for front speakers and wire directly to the New Head Unit Harness. I have never had this issue before I have hooked up quite a few radios for people with Aftermarket harnesses.

Thanks

that is weird, maybe the harness is different, what year is does it say on the package, if its 2007+ then it may very well be the wrong one im guessing, they have them on ebay for a few bucks if thats the case, since the 2nd gen aveo started creeping in as the sedan

a good example is a double dinn install kit i just bought for a 2007 aveo ( i have the same year/hatch as you) and it did not fit, it was for the sedan but you would not know it as it said 2007 on the auction and package

thats just my wild guess, if that isnt the case just start connecting different wires toghther till something happens

Thanks

Okay Day 4 Issue still not resolved Pros cant get car in till end of next week I am frazzled. I have tried hooking things up with suitcases and connecting different wires and such and still no go. Decided today to use harness for radio power only and added an amp and ran rear speakers off amp and ran new front speaker wire for front speakers 4 or so days and I finally have a Stereo system back in my car and an XM Reciever to boot sounds great now Headache over LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast