•  

Thread: 2006 Aveo Hatchback.. rear deck speaker issues.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2006 Aveo Hatchback.. rear deck speaker issues.

so i have read forum posts... after forum posts i have watched videos on youtube. and i bought a pair of cheap 4x6" pioneers from walmart.. and the wholes on the bracket. or the plastic insert do not line up... is there a way to get these put it? i read that people clip or bend and have 3 screws attached only.. when i screw my bracket in, it kind of lifts on one end so when i put the speaker cover back it doesn't fit. is there a way around this? i do not want to buy the stock speakers from the dealership i already have these sitting here :P. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP...

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      You need an adapter bracket. This link should give you some ideas:
      Find what fits your car - Crutchfield

Also if you take a picture showing the speaker and the mount we can come up with ideas on the forum. If you rig something please take a picture. That might help the next person.

Oh BTW I have a 2006 and find the rear speakers to be fine. They just need more power than what stock provides. It takes power to reproduce a sound well. Notice I said not loud, just well. That is why you will find these guys with super power amps and play right a comfortable listening level and not blasting.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      thanks for the reply! i blew the stock ones.. they are toast.. so i wanted to replace them.. vocals and what not come from my two door panels... and then the rear deck.. and with only the two front 4" speakers but two 12's in the trunk, it basically drowns vocals and beat every time it bangs. LOL but i will try and post pictures when i figure something out. crutchfield only has fittings to have 4" in the back.. i couldn't find the 4x6

Thanks
      Here is two more suggestions:
      1) Go to your local Car Audio Shop. They usually have a lot of stuff on stock for this kind of work. Granted you might have bought from other places, but buying locally and keeping them around is always a good thing.
      2) Use Image Search on Google. I often use the image search as that might find me something that come close to fixing my problem. The links usually goes back to somebody selling it.
      https://www.google.com/search?q=4x6+...w=1211&bih=824

Thanks
      I am going to check a local spot after work.. .i was just curious to see if someone had a fix... i read some people cut edges.. but even if i cut an edge the adapter really doesn't line up. so i will stop by there and hopefully they have a piece for me. i would order it online but problem is... i know nothing about this kind of stuff so if i wouldn't know which adapter i would need in the first place. really appreciate your help! another question would be... if i wanted to make a custom fibre glass pod... for my dash.. or rear seat pillars.. can i buy pre-made flushmount rings? or i would have to make those? and.. how do i mount something like that to my pillar? do i remove the current interrior on the pillar or am i installing over it?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Delinquentt View Post
      if i wanted to make a custom fibre glass pod... for my dash.. or rear seat pillars.. can i buy pre-made flushmount rings? or i would have to make those? and.. how do i mount something like that to my pillar? do i remove the current interrior on the pillar or am i installing over it?
      oh man you had to ask the question with a million ways answer.

Do your research before building any pod. Practice your fiberglass as that's a practice skill that gets better with experience.

Flushmounts are done as part of the building process by using a router into the wood portion of the mount.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      oh man you had to ask the question with a million ways answer.

Do your research before building any pod. Practice your fiberglass as that's a practice skill that gets better with experience.

Flushmounts are done as part of the building process by using a router into the wood portion of the mount.

haha i know right? well i was just curious because i don't have a router... so i was hoping MAYBE someone had pre-cut? money maker design maybe? haha but thanks for the info! i have been watching alot of research watching videos.. and most don't have the part where they actually install it in the car.. or what they use to keep it there... but i have two extra 4" speakers i wanted to make a small pod for each and put them on my back deck.. the cloth insert...? not sure the name for it! haha but i was just basically going to make two little pods and drill them to the deck

Thanks

4x6 to 4 inch adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Delinquentt View Post
      haha i know right? well i was just curious because i don't have a router... so i was hoping MAYBE someone had pre-cut? money maker design maybe? haha but thanks for the info! i have been watching alot of research watching videos.. and most don't have the part where they actually install it in the car.. or what they use to keep it there... but i have two extra 4" speakers i wanted to make a small pod for each and put them on my back deck.. the cloth insert...? not sure the name for it! haha but i was just basically going to make two little pods and drill them to the deck

I bought 4x6 adapters at walmart these work on the Aveo rear speaker openings. I installed two 4 inch Pioneers 2 way speakers in the back.

Scosche SA464 - 4 x 6'' adapter; exact fit 4''. (pair) - Walmart.com you may have to trim the adapter a bit to make it fit but it does work.