•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what we really need....

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

what we really need....

this is what we really need for the exterior....none of this riced out bodykit crap but a replacement for the front bumper that looks stock but has a larger center opening....reason being like precisionboost mentioned before that the little opening is going to cut it for cooling a radiator, intercooler, and/or oil/trans cooler if you want to modify the aveo perfomance wise...so why not get two birds with one stone and also put brake cooling ducts in the side holes...or mix and match the ducts with CAI, oil cooling, tran cooling devices....then if you choose to do brake cooling ducts, a grill could be created with a slot to route air to an intake box..... just a thought

Thanks
      right on!

ok...so u odnt want rice style b/k...but u want something to cool the raidator brakes etc. etc? this isnt a race car, smoothy. i know its just a thought, but realize that the car already has a radiator that cools the transmission and oil etc. its not like this thing is bombing down the highway too fast ne way

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      AveoSam...

That's pretty much what I'm doing with my front bumper, even though it is fiberglass, and "riced out", the idea was having larger openings for more airflow.

The center opening is plenty large enough for an intercooler and trans. cooler. The Drivers fender area has plenty of room for a remote oil cooler, and the Pass. side plenty of room for both a CAI filter and both have space to spare for extra air to the brakes (if you remove the fender liner as I did.)

I am still working on the front bumper as soon as I finish the rear. The idea is to create a stock look, that can hide a non-stock power gain without being obvious.

I'm not ALL show, just that is what is on the current schedule. I'll move on to another aspect once I have saved a "slush fund" again and either do the interior/stereo next, suspension (I want air ride), or performance (I want supercharger or Rotrex turbo.)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by megaveo610
      ok...so u odnt want rice style b/k...but u want something to cool the raidator brakes etc. etc? this isnt a race car, smoothy. i know its just a thought, but realize that the car already has a radiator that cools the transmission and oil etc. its not like this thing is bombing down the highway too fast ne way
      reading > you

1. im not talking about a stock car needing this...reread, i said performance-wise

2. ??? since when did a radiator become a oil cooler.....dont speak if you dont know what your talking about

names aveosam, not smoothy

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I looped my cooling system into my oilpan.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      I looped my cooling system into my oilpan.
      i always thought it was good to have coolant flowing freely in the engine with the oil makes the exhaust smell sweet and have a blue tint

Still love my daily driver aveosummit's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: what we really need....

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      this is what we really need for the exterior....none of this riced out bodykit crap but a replacement for the front bumper that looks stock but has a larger center opening....

Show us how what you want it done by doing it...
      Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Arc Audio - Stetsom - DLS - GermanMAESTRO - Clarion
      Your Sound is our Quality

Thanks
      well i was hoping a company could hook us up, seeing as they would have the resourses to do it.....as you know aveosummit, i just give the ideas and somebody else has to run with it....

Still love my daily driver aveosummit's Avatar
      Thanks
      So you are the catalyst in the mix...

Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Arc Audio - Stetsom - DLS - GermanMAESTRO - Clarion
      Your Sound is our Quality

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast