•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vertical doors

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      suicides... lambo doors are over done and lambos have no class anyways.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Still love my daily driver aveosummit's Avatar
      Thanks
      I konw you did not ask but you could add gullwings to your front door and suicide the rear...THe aveo-Delorean...BACK FROM THE FUTURE..to be truly different
      Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Arc Audio - Stetsom - DLS - GermanMAESTRO - Clarion
      Your Sound is our Quality

Aveosummit I actually have seriously thought about gullwing doors for the front, but it is a lot of work and design time that I don't really have right now. The vertical doors if done will take me to long as it is and I have to be ready for Hot Import Nights. I honestly am trying to focus my time and energy this season on the interior and rear audio/video enclosure. Again though that is a great idea man! Imagine reverse gullwing doors That would be pimp I only wish I had the time

Still love my daily driver aveosummit's Avatar
      Thanks
      What are you planning for the a/v setup...I know that this is sort of off topic...but everyone knows that a/v is my passion.....
      Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Arc Audio - Stetsom - DLS - GermanMAESTRO - Clarion
      Your Sound is our Quality

Well right now this is what the hatch looks like

This pic can kinda of give you an idea of where the XBOX 360 is going to sit.

I'm currently fiberglassing an enclosure for the XBOX 360 which will sit on the right of the sub/amp enclosure. Above where the hatch cover is I am planning on glassing the entire cover and underneath shaping 1-2 LCD's and facing it/them towards the rear of the vehicle. Afterwards I am going to rewrap the current grey fleece like factory hatch material with the same Italian suede I did the rest of the interior in. Should flow nicely when complete. I actually just got back upstairs from sanding lol. Covered in dust yet again. Man I can't wait to get the seat project complete. So much to do and so little time. I will post some progress pics soon man.

Well I have some disappointing news for the suicide doors ... In order to properly install the kit and have the rear doors open the way they should if done by factory I will have to cut into rear quarter panels and door jams and repaint the entire car except from bumper, hood, roof and rear bumper. If you look closely at the aveo rear door jambs their is not much room to install the hinges and upon measurements and so forth a lot of cutting is involved and I will have to go backwards more than anything to achieve the desired result. So materials wise I am looking at roughly $2500.00 us dollars and I don't want to spend that right now. So either I will not be doing anything to the doors or going with 90 -110 vertical doors for the front.. I would love to do all four doors, but that also would be costly. So back to the drawing board.

Thanks
      well it could look ok with the vert doors since your back doors are shaved.

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

Yeah I was thinking that same thing bro.. I hopefully can make it work. I will keep you guys posted.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Adam...Nice looking Car!! Still love it.

As for door conversions...I'd suggest the 180 degree suicide doors on the rear set, and forwad mount a set of those hinges for the front doors...so front and back doors open all the way up (similar to the Element). GT Factory makes a great 50% weld-on/50% bolt-on universal Gullwing style as well that I'm really liking.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven
      Adam...Nice looking Car!! Still love it.

As for door conversions...I'd suggest the 180 degree suicide doors on the rear set, and forwad mount a set of those hinges for the front doors...so front and back doors open all the way up (similar to the Element). GT Factory makes a great 50% weld-on/50% bolt-on universal Gullwing style as well that I'm really liking.
      Thats what i wanted to do to my car. But it would be a lot of working mountain and fabricating the doors to make it work right.

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast