•  

Thread: Rear Diffuser

Thanks

Rear Diffuser

I am wanting to install a VW GTI rear diffuser in my rear bumper before the new exhaust system. Has anyone tried to do this? I can get a new diffuser/valance/lower spoiler from the parts department for around $100 and then I need to find a body guy who can do it.

Thanks
      Why do you want to do this?

Thanks
      Because I want my new exhaust to exit from the rear and I do not like the looks of a muffler/ exhaust tip hanging out underneath the bumper. I think a rear diffuser will give it a nice clean look.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Rear Diffuser

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_fresco View Post
      Because I want my new exhaust to exit from the rear and I do not like the looks of a muffler/ exhaust tip hanging out underneath the bumper. I think a rear diffuser will give it a nice clean look.
      Man, that is a big expense & a **** load of work not to mention the body filler, sanding & painting to make everything fit. A much simpler solution would be to drill 2 holes in your existing diffuser where you would like the tailpipes to exit & re-route your exhaust as required. Another possible solution might be to install the 2009 -2011 Rear Diffuser & proceed as above. At least the dimensions are closer. I have a Brand New Diffuser still wrapped in bubble wrap from the Dealer. You can have it for $80. Delivered to Seattle area in September when I pass through on my way to Oregon./Glen

Thanks
      I already spent some time toying with the notion of the 2009-2011 diffuser as my neighbor has a 2010 aveo5. Not to mention I'd have to go with those silly tail lights with the enormous clear circle for the reverse & turn signal lights. Now if I could get those guys from Autoplast in Bogata to return an e-mail, I'd consider going with their stirrup kit all the way around.

http://www.autoplast.net/en/shop/bum...rolet-aveo-gti

I am not interested in any other ideas, just wondering if anyone had already done it. Thanks for the input daytriker. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Last edited by Sal_fresco; 06-14-2012 at 12:26 AM.