•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: paint emblem

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

paint emblem

so, i really wanna paint the chevy emblem on the front and rear of my veo or just take it off, but from what i read it seems like there is going to be some sort of indentation or soemthing if i were to take it off. anyone happen to do it yet and find out? also, any specific kind of paint i would have to use?

my AVEO to VEOlicious for you babe

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: paint emblem

paint the center of it white to match the car, and the bowtie either left chrome, do black, or pink to match your theme.

there is an indent, it would need shaved, and resprayed.

I'll keep it and add a turbo MatchboxKiller's Avatar
      Thanks

I took the front emblem off and repainted the chrome strip. There was an indentation in the middle of the chevy symbol that had to be filled in, but its not bad. I didn't use any special paint on mine, and I haven't had any issues with it so far.
      E-Teeecchhhhhhh!!!!!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

ok awesome, im definitly painting mine today, what did you fill it with? and so how and what do i use to put it back on.

so also, im gunna do white center and pink chrome strip. anyone have any thoughts on me using nail polish for the chrome strip? . . . . . im not quite sure where to get a pink exactly how i want it for now, but im gunna have the guys that powder coat my rims just repaint for me with the exact colors of my rims, but for now im thinkin nail polish. . . . . someone please tell me if this is stupid or not. hah

Thanks

As long as its getting re-painted later anyways, why not. My only concern was going to be the brush marks from applying nail polish. But if its getting redone, what the hell. The body shop will have a cleaner that is very similar to the acetone you use to remove nail polish anyways, so it won't be a big deal to use it temporarily to see how it looks. I used a medium weight body filler to smooth out the indentation in the middle of the strip under the Chevy symbol and used 180 grit sand paper wrapped around a stir stick to sand it down. I didn't re-attach the symbol once I took it off, the green is in the recessed outline that the symbol was glued into. Right now my symbol is painted the same color green and is attached to my tool box. You should definitely post some pics when you get done painting your nails, err, I mean emblem.
      E-Teeecchhhhhhh!!!!!

Thanks

I just noticed you have the style after mine, so your emblem and grill around it is most likely different than mine. But, it should be about the same idea for painting and filling.
      E-Teeecchhhhhhh!!!!!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

ohhhhh i get it now, wow sorry, before i was really confused. but i looked at your pic you did like super close up and now i get it. ok perfect. yeah this should work good. im a pro at painting nails so i should be able to rock this ****, no brush marks either!!! haha ima try. ill post pics as soon as im done. . . as long as it looks good. hahah .

Thanks

Cool. Hopefully youll do better than I did with the brushing. I still have to clean up the edges where I got some paint on it. Unfortunetly, my autobody labs are entirely too short to do any good work in.
      E-Teeecchhhhhhh!!!!!

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VeoLicious
      ohhhhh i get it now, wow sorry, before i was really confused. but i looked at your pic you did like super close up and now i get it. ok perfect. yeah this should work good. im a pro at painting nails so i should be able to rock this ****, no brush marks either!!! haha ima try. ill post pics as soon as im done. . . as long as it looks good. hahah .
      nail polished aveo... nice :P

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Alright so I ran into some problems. . . .haha well I took off the whole back emblem thinking there weren't any bolts holding it in. . .but there were. . .but my floss cut through it all some how when I heated it up. So I put this other decal thing on that was only gunna be temporary but I really like it and think I'm gunna keep it on. So then I couldn't take the front one off. Its weird, idk if its me or my veo. . . So I just kept it on and painted the whole thing pink. . . Not with nail polish haha. I'm waiting for last coat to finish drying then taking off tape and taking pics.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast