•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HID Kit???

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

HID Kit???

I am looking at buying the HID kit for my car off of ebay. But it says Certain cars might require a relay harness and or canceller, sold separately. Does a 2007 Aveo need this relay harness? Also I have read that some HID's will melt my lens? Is this kit a good one? Xentec HID Kit Slim Xenon 9003 H4 Hi Lo 10000K Deep Blue Beam Conversion Light | eBay

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      it dont matter if your kit is a good kit or not you can buy a cheap $30 kit or you can buy a $200 kit. if you have oem headlights i dont see it melting it, but they do get hotter then the regular bulbs if you get a kit dont get the 10000 get the 4500 and maybe a 6000, dont get the blue. and you shouldn't need the relay harness for it either.'

tell them in a message after you buy that you need a h3 bulbs and it in the 5000k. they have quite a bit more blue in the bulb then you think. the light out put compared to the 10000 and even 8000 compared to the 5000 is a drastic improvement. i had them in my truck before i sold, now they are in my golf cart. but i got pulled over by a state trooper and he said no blue light so i took the 10000 out and got 4500 and got pulled over again by another and said no hids unless its dealer installed. so i ended up taking them out and installing the regular bulbs and ended up getting projectors and just left the hids out and put them in the golf cart. Note: if you have projectors do not use the hid. unless they are retro fit. they will melt the projector lense and the dish out of the headlight because they are only made to with stand the halogen bulb heat.

Slim HID Xenon Kit H1 H3 H4 H7 H8 H9 H11 4500K 5000K 6000K 8000K 90000K 7000K | eBay

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      no relay harness required. canceler not needed on these either. installation: remove factory bulb. plug in hid bulb. mount ballast with wires facing down preferably to allow any water to avoid connections and run off easily. plug ballast into factory connection. test. done.

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Always use a relay harness... you shouldn't even be using those though because you are going to be blinding everyone. Do it properly and do a projector retrofit

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by chuck202003 View Post
      I am looking at buying the HID kit for my car off of ebay. But it says Certain cars might require a relay harness and or canceller, sold separately. Does a 2007 Aveo need this relay harness? Also I have read that some HID's will melt my lens? Is this kit a good one? Xentec HID Kit Slim Xenon 9003 H4 Hi Lo 10000K Deep Blue Beam Conversion Light | eBay

There is a saying in life, "you get what you pay for"

Besides the fact that you will have less visibility and you will be blinding the oncoming traffic, how good do you think a 32.99 HID kit is? If that is all it cost, every manufacturer would have HID standard. These components will burn out quicker than a crackhead on meth.

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoJunk View Post
      If that is all it cost, every manufacturer would have HID standard. These components will burn out quicker than a crackhead on meth.
      Bahahah great way to put it!

Thanks
      Im sure the visiblity will be a little better then stock bulbs. I drove a friends car that had the 30000k purple bulbs in it wasnt to bad to see. This kit has a 2 year warrenty on it so if the bulbs burn out before the 2 years are up they will be getting the product back.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by chuck202003 View Post
      Im sure the visiblity will be a little better then stock bulbs. I drove a friends car that had the 30000k purple bulbs in it wasnt to bad to see. This kit has a 2 year warrenty on it so if the bulbs burn out before the 2 years are up they will be getting the product back.

How do you figure the visibility will be better? Are you an engineer? You have to understand that your current housing is a big reflector, it is designed for a halogen bulb, NOT HIDs. So when you put this bulb in there it will scatter the beam all over the place as it is not designed for this bulb. I won't detail the difference in technology you can Google that. That is why people spend money on a "retro-fit" to place the proper projector in the housing and focus the beam properly, including the proper cutoff. So now you will have less visibility and when a bulb blows, you will be down to almost nothing.

Anything above about 4300K is useless anyway, the higher color temperatures emit fewer lumens, so your friends 30000K purple are just plain dumb. But hey have at it, looks like you have already convinced yourself.

Thanks
      It was a simple question on if they were gonna work or not. That was all I was asking. Not if certain people are going to be blinded. Or what direction the beams are going to shoot. Or anything. All I was asking if they were going to work in my housing and if I needed a resistor or not. Thanks for going over board about nothing. HAHA

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I have 8000k hids in my car. no relay, no canceller, no projector, no melting. I was getting brights flashed at me for awhile til I did this little thing called adjusting my headlights. they will work. I would suggest staying away from ebay hid kits, ive purchased a few in the past and they don't last long. warranty or not I wouldn't buy another set. I have been purchasing my hids for www.vvme.com and have never had a single problem since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast