•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: hid conversion kit

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      it dont overall look bad, if it were for off road use, say a car show or sumtin. but for every day drivin, id be pissed if someone came at me with those. hhhmmmmmm.......

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Just look at that glare from the first pic. That is what people see when you drive toward them.

Thanks
      fyi:
      blue = ****ty vision

Thanks
      X2
      You want as close to 4300K as possible. The higher or lower you get, the less lumens it produces

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      lol i think im gonna wait til i can figure out how to do a retro and i do the DRL mod.
      ok so i lied. i bought a hid kit. (i have a feeling i will get bashed for this). now its not as bad as some of u fellas make it out to be. indeed there is much glare but not all that bad. also the beam pattern is narrowed a bit but i will fix that as i want to also aim them downwards a bit as well. the cutoff line also is a wee bit scrambled but its not all that bad either. i mean seriously, it was made out to be that these will totally rob u of ur vision and so forth but i actually feel it was a bit of an improvement. i will take some pics and do some driveby testing later on, prolly next weekend as i will be going on vacation in a few days and i am working double shifts all weekend at work. on a side note i ordered the 30,000 k hids which if u dont know is a light purple. its a lil more white than purple but u can def. see the some purpleness to it. i will know more as i drive and experience them more and as they break in.

now the bulbs i had in before were Luminics Pure Blues. seriously nice bulbs, very blue, kinda difficult to see with in real dark areas except for the brights were very good. only thing i have against them is that when i took them out to be replaced they had actually bubbled out and started to melt! so they get pretty damn hot lol.

like i said i will post pics and explain what i notice in my driveby testing and such.

Thanks
      lol i think im gonna wait til i can figure out how to do a retro and i do the DRL mod.
      ok so i lied. i bought a hid kit. (i have a feeling i will get bashed for this). now its not as bad as some of u fellas make it out to be. indeed there is much glare but not all that bad. also the beam pattern is narrowed a bit but i will fix that as i want to also aim them downwards a bit as well. the cutoff line also is a wee bit scrambled but its not all that bad either. i mean seriously, it was made out to be that these will totally rob u of ur vision and so forth but i actually feel it was a bit of an improvement. i will take some pics and do some driveby testing later on, prolly next weekend as i will be going on vacation in a few days and i am working double shifts all weekend at work. on a side note i ordered the 30,000 k hids which if u dont know is a light purple. its a lil more white than purple but u can def. see the some purpleness to it. i will know more as i drive and experience them more and as they break in.

now the bulbs i had in before were Luminics Pure Blues. seriously nice bulbs, very blue, kinda difficult to see with in real dark areas except for the brights were very good. only thing i have against them is that when i took them out to be replaced they had actually bubbled out and started to melt! so they get pretty damn hot lol.

like i said i will post pics and explain what i notice in my driveby testing and such.

Thanks

No one said it would rob your vision, just all the driver around you. It is a selfish thing to do and shows no regard for any other drivers on the road.

And the reason the coating on your old bulbs bubbled is because they use a cheap coating to make them look blue

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      No one said it would rob your vision, just all the driver around you. It is a selfish thing to do and shows no regard for any other drivers on the road.

And the reason the coating on your old bulbs bubbled is because they use a cheap coating to make them look blue
      the glare issue will be addressed shortly as i will be modifying the vinyl lids, then cus i know thats not an all to acceptable fix, but its the best i can do at the moment, i will order some hid lenses and correct the problem completely. i am also going to adjust the headlights so that they point downwards slightly until i get the lenses. dont worry, im workin on it, im not a total asshole, but i guess as of right now i am-if that makes sense.

and i paid like 40$ for them damn luminics bulbs (pure blue), i would think that they would be a lil better quality than they were. still made some nice color that never faded. so cant complain bout that.

Thanks
      $40 for HIDs? The cheapest HIDs I carry are $400 EACH...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks
      corrected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast