•  

View Poll Results: Would this MOD Be GETTO????

Voters
    9. You may not vote on this poll
    • YES

6 66.67%
    • NO

3 33.33%
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got an Idea about a new MOD

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Got an Idea about a new MOD

So i was Checking out Car Mods on DIY network and other sites and come by an Idea for a cool mod. it might be a little Ghetto but it is what it is L.E.D.'s behind the Door Handles and Side Mirrors. i think this is a fairly Cheap Mod and my next one So Does ANYONE KNOW how to hook up 1 L.E.D. or 2 on a line to the 12V????????? and what would be a good way to rout this?

You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      actually in all honesty they have kits for this (the door handle thing anyways). i saw them today in a car customs shop. i dunno about the mirrors tho unless you put em on a switch, it would be crappy glare comin at ya at night.

most l.e.d.s come with 2 wires one power and one for the ground. find a power source and a ground i.e. your door speaker, and you got light.

go to pep boys, thats where i get mine. they come in packs of 3 for like seven bucks. easy to install and looks good. and all you do is drill a small hole a lil smaller than the actual l.e.d.

in reference to your poll, it depends on how you do it.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Some expensive luxury cars have lights in the door handles and under the doors that turn on, but only when you open the door, so you can see at night.

Otherwise those led's would be pretty um, ricey?
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      actually in all honesty they have kits for this (the door handle thing anyways). i saw them today in a car customs shop. i dunno about the mirrors tho unless you put em on a switch, it would be crappy glare comin at ya at night.

most l.e.d.s come with 2 wires one power and one for the ground. find a power source and a ground i.e. your door speaker, and you got light.

go to pep boys, thats where i get mine. they come in packs of 3 for like seven bucks. easy to install and looks good. and all you do is drill a small hole a lil smaller than the actual l.e.d.

in reference to your poll, it depends on how you do it.
      Tell me more like what size resister i need

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by B1rdbrain
      Tell me more like what size resister i need
      It depends on what voltage the LED is designed to use... if you're using a 12v LED, you don't need a resistor...
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Thanks
      eh hem... its ghetto (not getto) Sorry it bugged me haha

It could be a nice touch if they are some crazy color. I think just good ol' white would be good for the door handles. like gOast said, luxury cars have some of that stuff and make it look good... try to immitate that.

I'm not sure what you meant behind the mirrors though, maybe find a picture?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xstevex
      eh hem... its ghetto (not getto) Sorry it bugged me haha

It could be a nice touch if they are some crazy color. I think just good ol' white would be good for the door handles. like gOast said, luxury cars have some of that stuff and make it look good... try to immitate that.

I'm not sure what you meant behind the mirrors though, maybe find a picture?
      i want to match the color of the car kinda like ground EFX on some cars but as for the mirrors i think some one did it to a Matrix on there board and it just glows around the mirror in the dark

Thanks
      Update

I got some blue LED's And i Wired them up as i found one a web site that deals with LED's http://www.theledlight.com/ledcircuits.html i plan on installing them in the mirrors along with an on off switch on the dash.

Photo's and Update cooming soon long with a "HOW TO" Write up if it all works out

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      how would you get it into your door handle tho? do the handles just pop off or screw off? you actually got me thinkin about this. dang it b1rd!
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      how would you get it into your door handle tho? do the handles just pop off or screw off? you actually got me thinkin about this. dang it b1rd!
      Still working on that one my self well off to go work on the drivers side mirror

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast