•  

Thread: Design flaw?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Design flaw?

I was taking a quick look at how the bottom of the doors seal against the body when closed.

I couldn't totally tell, so maybe that was the problem but it looks like the door (where the seal is along the bottom edge) doesn't mate up all that well with the body. Mine makes contact near the front, causing a rub in the paint, and a subesquent rust bubble. (see my other threads about that)

Anyone else notice any contact between there door and the frame? Mines towards the front on the passenger side, just before it starts to curve upward.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: Design flaw?

its supposed to be against the body of the car when to door is closed, that is why it is a "seal"

do you mean it rubs the rocker as you close the door? or is the rest of the seal not touching the rocker?

is the seal in the door properly? maybe one of the clips is loose? does that area of the seal look like it is the joint where the joined the seal together to make a loop? sometimes that area is harder than the rest of the seal.

What do you mean there's no turbo? trempus's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Design flaw?

one of the ways to check your seal is to rub some chalk on your rubber then close your door, re-open and you sould see the marks from the chalk on the frame where the seal touches

2004 chevy aveo---
      2006 chevy uplander