•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Looking Hubcaps???

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by tidus10 View Post

SPINNER HUBCAPS FTW!!! BEST HUBCAPS EVER!
      Had them before.. as a joke lol. We use to get out of the car at a red light, run around and spin them. Fun Fun!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
      Another option: could paint the existing ones.

Gunmetal wheel finish is popular these days...

Man you know what.......I hade never even thought about painting them before. Mine have some of the paint peeling off and that would be a quick fix. Thanks for the obvious idea my dumb a** never thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus10 View Post

SPINNER HUBCAPS FTW!!! BEST HUBCAPS EVER!
      HAHAHA right.....You know the funny thing is I live on a border town to Mexico and alot of people used to rock those and unfortunatly there are some that rock it.......STILL.
      "Man who stand on toilet is high on pot""

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      I seen a lady in her 40's or 50's running them. Made more hilarious by the fact that she was missing one.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Thanks
      HA! Spinner hubcaps, saw them on an Accord Wagon last summer it was amusing.

Hubcaps generally don't look that great though it sometimes depends on the car. However for those of us (like me) who want to wait to get bigger rims and different tires and still want to get use out of the tires that come with the car, it can be a good way to make the car look a little different from stock. That was my main motivation, though I did get my caps free from my brother in law/sister's car because she beat the **** outta them and he didn't want them anymore. I refinished them and painted them the way the are now. Most importantly though I got rid of the plastic lugs in favor of another set that are stainless capped. They look less cheap that way.

2010 Pontiac G3: Rear Lip Spoiler | Aftermarket Power Door Locks | Vinyl Side Stripes | Accented Interior

Thanks
      I honestly never knew about spinner hubcaps until reading about them here. I had to google that stuff up just to see if they were real! I can't believe the stuff some people think is necessary for their car! I, at one point, thought that spinner rims were cool, and thought that I would have a super expensive car as my first car with them. That was when I was 13-14. I am now almost 19 with an '09 Aveo, asking myself wtf was I on at that time! But I guess people have done way more tacky things with their cars...

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMike View Post
      I honestly never knew about spinner hubcaps until reading about them here. I had to google that stuff up just to see if they were real! I can't believe the stuff some people think is necessary for their car! I, at one point, thought that spinner rims were cool, and thought that I would have a super expensive car as my first car with them. That was when I was 13-14. I am now almost 19 with an '09 Aveo, asking myself wtf was I on at that time! But I guess people have done way more tacky things with their cars...
      Lol, I'm older than you are by about 7 years and thought the same thing at one point. Yea, after seeing spinner hubcaps come out I realized the error of my thoughts. Although there are some thoughts I have involving spinners that would be neat to see. I guess in the end it's just what you like and what goes with the car you are working on.

http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123