•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of exhaust are you running?

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: What kind of exhaust are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by lowaveo17
      Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      on the old forums, someone gained 10hp to the wheels with a cold air intake and an exhaust job. I think it's worth it.
      sounds like it.. thanks
      sounds like BS (not startin anything here but proff would be good)

Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

ill find the thread but I am pretty sure it was Brian and he did gain some but it has to be the right size piping... also he had the u/d pulley....so all together with intake, exhaust, and u/d he gained some but who knows what did what

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

I am using 4-1 header. Removed cat. 2 inch mid pipe with a 2 inch mid silencer (straight through), and 2.5 inch tail straight thru muffler. From head to tail straight through all the way.

Havving straight through and 2 inch let your 0-1.5k rpm faster, less choky feeling. The rpm rev faster, but means that your rpm have to always rev above 3-4k to get the power. You cannot expect to rev 2-2.5k, and expect the car to move. The back pressure is removed. You need to rev more. But when you rev more, the power is more.

With original 1.75 inch pipe, cat and tail muffler, it is very choky, every time you release accelerator, your car will jerk. With straight through, the exos is much smmother, enabling you to high rev smoothly without choky feeling.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

on the old forums, someone gained 10hp to the wheels with a cold air intake and an exhaust job. I think it's worth it.
      i remember readin that too. ive linked that thread over to here a couple of times, but its more than likely buried.

i gots 2 inch repipe with hollow cat, no resonators, to megan racing dual cans. i like it, obnoxiously loud and neighbors hate me, but i like it. lokkin to port the headers soon.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      i remember readin that too. ive linked that thread over to here a couple of times, but its more than likely buried.

i gots 2 inch repipe with hollow cat, no resonators, to megan racing dual cans. i like it, obnoxiously loud and neighbors hate me, but i like it. lokkin to port the headers soon.
      did you gain anything?
      2008 Chevy Aveo5 - 15" steelies, cold air intake, 12" Audiobahn steel series sub w/ Rockford Fosgate amp and Pioneer headunit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lowaveo17
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17

did you gain anything?
      officially i dunno. unofficially im sure i did. leave ur cat alone tho. do not hollow out, ur exhaust will sound like poo.

Thanks

did you gain anything?
      officially i dunno. unofficially im sure i did. leave ur cat alone tho. do not hollow out, ur exhaust will sound like poo.
      haha thanks.. i may get one after i lower her
      2008 Chevy Aveo5 - 15" steelies, cold air intake, 12" Audiobahn steel series sub w/ Rockford Fosgate amp and Pioneer headunit

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

just run a high flow cat....mike didn't daniel port the stock header and theres wasn't much to do with it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      just run a high flow cat....mike didn't daniel port the stock header and theres wasn't much to do with it
      i think he did but i dont remember what he said about it. it wont hurt nuthin to do it. i got an idea to fix my current exhaust issue. will post at a later date if i do it and it works. but im also workin on sumtin else for it too. i hate my nasty cat noises.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      will that make any diffrence? and then get an aftermarket muffler?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast