•  

Thread: What Do These Connectors Go to? Help Please?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

What Do These Connectors Go to? Help Please?

Not sure what component these connectors are supposed to be going to. Car is a 2008 Pontiac Wave aka Chevy Aveo. The 2 wire connector has green and red. The 3 wire connector is red/blue, blue, black white. This car may have had an engine replacement, if anyone has any experience with the difference in wiring harness between generations it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
      -Richard Cranium

Name:  clit2.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  227.5 KBName:  clit1.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  211.3 KB

Thanks
      Is there a reason that you have found 2 connectors unplugged? Are you having issues? Have you done some recent work?

Thanks
      Thanks for the reply Daox. I think the engine in the car was replaced with a generation 1 engine. The car is a 2008 gen 2. The 2 connectors are on the wiring harness. I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between gen1 and gen 2 wiring harnesses. YES there are issues with the car. It is slamming into gear. I have replaced the transmission and still the same problem exists. I could change the TP sensor (replace throttle body) or the APP sensor (replace gas pedal) and that may or may not fix the issue. I was hoping to find an answer to the wiring harness issues as maybe thats the problem. I dont want to change out 400 bucks in parts if it will not fix the problem. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a gen 2 Aveo? Then I could check wire colour to determine if those connectors have anything to do with the issues I am having. Thanks for your time.
      -Richard Cranium

Thanks
      PS Both of these connectors are right around the coil packs. I can not find any terminal around the area that these will plug into either on the engine or transmission. Also these 2 connectors were hanging loose BEFORE I replaced the transmission as well as after.

Thanks
      Hi everyone, I am new here!! Hello to all!!! Hi Richard, wow i just read your thread, and we are experiencing the exact same issues! Have you found a cure yet? Same thing my car is slamming into gear, changed the motor , changed the transmission, changed o2 sensors, changed the transmission control module, spend thousands of dollars now and still no better off since day 1 :0(( we also have the exact 2 same plugs hanging and nobody seems to know why? :0((
      Last edited by CINDERELLA; 11-20-2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: missed info

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      old thread with a newer response, have a better picture of where they are located?