•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What all can be done to an 08 hatch for more balls??

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: What all can be done to an 08 hatch for more balls??

Smaller wheels won’t necessarily be lighter. I just got wheels for my lanos and after tons and tons of research I found 16” wheel combo to be lighter than a 15” in the same size and wheel. This was because the 15” tire was approx 2 lbs heavier than the 16” tire and the 16” wheel was only approx 1 lb heavier than the 15” wheel.

You could probably still go with a lighter weight wheel. If your wheel is 17x7” or less there should be no reason to go over 20lbs for each wheel. 17s don’t have very many options for a really light, inexpensive, and good quality wheel. In 16” or less though check out the Rota Slipstreams, my 16x7” slipstreams weight 13.5-14lbs each…not sure on the weight as the newer production slipstreams got a tad heavier. I had 16x7 slipstreams in a rare color shipped to my door for only $520 recently.

Also performance BOLT ons don’t usually hurt fuel economy. I gained a couple mpg with my basic upgrades. Think about it. It still takes the same amount of power to make the car go forward. With performance upgrades you will get worst mileage when racing around than with a factory engine.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX1-LgDA1Go

risks of nitrous

you can always hope your motor holds like this tho:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1tA8FX ... re=related

the people in the second video are a few cards short of a full deck imo.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

everything has a risk. With the right safety devices, that would not have happened.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      please stop calling it NOS. NOS is a brand. Nitrous is the actual name. You can not beat the price/performance value of nitrous. With all the proper safety equipment, nitrous is very safe. And no, it wont tear the motor apart. get that F&F crap outta here
      actually its nitrous oxide and its usually a system you install so there for it could be NOS

Thanks

Nitrous, or NOS will blow your engine. I don't care what you say, you can't stuff 40 more HP down the engines throat without beefing up the internals. (not for long at least) Nitrous has been around forever, if it was so simple and safe, every punk with a paycheck would have it. Nitrous can be added to a built engine, and still has a risk of ruin.

Thanks

I am guessing you have never ran nitrous properly. I have a completely stock motor with a 75 shot making me 60hp and 150tq. I have had it for about a year and my car is still running fine. Buddy of mine ran a 150 shot on his stock motor Firebird for multiple passes in the 10s. Ran perfectly fine till the day he sold it.

Sure everything has risks involved. Nitrous can be dangerous when used improperly but so can ANY other power adder. Everything is as safe as the tune and the equipment

Thanks

I think you may have missed my point. Running nitrous is detremental to your motor. When an engine is designed, an engineer sets specifications and tolerences based on the configuration of the motor. When you change one aspect without changing the others you are asking for failure, such as melted pistons, thrown rods, spun bearings, etc, etc, etc. Sure everyone knows a guy who put nitrous on his stock motor and made some passes at the track, them sold the car...probably to an unsuspecting buyer....but for you to tell me that putting nitrous on a stock daily driver won't cause premature engine wear at best and failure at worst...well that just doesn't make sense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      Nitrous, or NOS will blow your engine.
      How did I miss your point? It seems pretty clear there.

but for you to tell me that putting nitrous on a stock daily driver won't cause premature engine wear at best and failure at worst...well that just doesn't make sense.
      Yeah it does cause engine wear. So does starting the car, putting on an intake with a higher flowing filter, or modifying a car in general for more performance.
      Yes an engineer set the car to be in certain parameters but EVERY single performance mods changes those. Whether it is getting more air into the cylinders or getting air out faster.

Meted pistons are because of not watching EGTs
      Everything else you listed is due to a shot that is too high for the specified engine. It is all about knowing your limits with nitrous and setting it up correctly.

I dont just know a guy that had it on his car, I am that guy. I run it on my DD. It has completely stock internals and it takes the 75 shot like a champ. Many people I know have put a nitrous kit on and have had it on for well over 50,000 miles. My buddy is running a 75 shot and just clocked 85k miles.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

alright. well when i bought mine stock. the first thing i did was buy a high flow cat then some muffler adapters and i noticed a lil punch to it.
      AVEO... GREAT ECONOMY... CHEAP PERFORMANCE... EQUALS ONE FAST AVEO

ALSO CHECK OUT MY AVEO http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/p...veo/My%20aveo/

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

aveodude: You had nitrous on your aveo? Any picture to share? I am thinking of putting NOS onto my Aveo too. Should be trying out 50 shots first with proper engine tuning chip to richen the AFR. Am having forged pistons, forged rods and ARP bolts. The only thing I am afraid is the high compression in it now. Running 11.1:1 pistons inside now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast