•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turd with a/c on

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
      Under drive Crank Pulley will make a difference. Put one on my 04' and she honestly got a little more pep in her step. Better MPG also. Slows down the A/C Compressor, Alternator and Power Steering.

Back in my Racing days, my street 4.3L S-10 before I swapped in a 6.7L I had the A/C Clutch and a few other stupid things beautifully wired into a Wide Oped Throttle relay. Hit Full Throttle, Stuff turns off. It's easy if you're good with electrical.
      thats a good idea, i bet that little truck would out run anything!!! ive got a blazer with the 4.3vortec and im wanting to get a project and swap for a 5.3vortec or 5.7vortec just because of less work and no tanny sway then the 6.0 would be. not sure what one to go with. my dad had a 96 1500 with the 5.7 vortec, and they just got a new 2013 with the 5.3 vortec, and the 96 will leave the 2013 sitting and be gone a mile before it knows what is going on. its pretty sad. so im not sure what to go with. i know that the 5.3 will be plenty of power for the s10 blazer, but for a little price diffrence is it worth the 5.7?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      hey rabbit is this road off of banksville road near pittsburgh ?

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i removed my power steering to counter the ac. it helped. not an option for most people though.

but yes the ac drains power. but you live in a flat state. you should try going up one of my local streets with the ac on..

the ac is programmed to switch off at wot.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      yes it is, i used to live right by it..

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      ha nice once i saw the picture i figured it had to be that road. definitely some steep hills around that area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12