•  
    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: those ebay performance thingys (WITH PICS NOW)

ive already done the cold air intake but ill even re-test at the track and post time slips with and without the resistor if you want on paper proven results that it helps. or i might can do a video b/c without the resistor i cant chirp tires and the car is a dog, but with it i can chirp them into second, and remember i have an automatic

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      anyone car to make a how to on this?
      FASTEST AVEO IN ONTARIO

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Here's a how to:
      don't install it cuz it's basically useless.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      +1

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      +eleventybillon

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I know that this is kicking a dead horse but do you realize more fuel without the actual colder air is going to hurt performance. You want the a/f ratio to be as lean as possible without detonating.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      I know that this is kicking a dead horse but do you realize more fuel without the actual colder air is going to hurt performance. You want the a/f ratio to be as lean as possible without detonating.
      Not so true. If you go by that method, a simple change in humidity, elevation, or timing change could push you into detonation territory. A perfect A/F is 14.7 Anything less then 13 is dangerously rich and anything over 16 is dangerously lean. Being either rich or lean, to a point, will produce cooler temps and more power. Yes more/cooler air + more fuel = more power, but you still have to maintain a proper a/f ratio or you'll be doing more damage then good. Now since the Aveo runs naturally lean, these ebay thingys might actually do something

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

ALERT!!! ALERT!!! ALERT!!!

Ok so im an experimenter as some of you may know. i went to radio shack today and bought some resistors cus along with my new IAT harness cus my old one broke. i placed a resistor in line on each wire and connected it to teh intake. i used my obdII scanner to get some readings and my intake temp before the install was 122 degrees fair. (i installed the harness first w/out the resistors to get the reading.). my intake temp went from 122 degrees fair. to -38 degrees fair. YES! YOU READ CORRECTLY, -38! and my car was a bit spunkier and actually chirped both tires into second quite nicely. so... That was my experiment for you guys, and i got you the hard truth. oh and i used 22,000 ohm resistors.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      Not so true. If you go by that method, a simple change in humidity, elevation, or timing change could push you into detonation territory. A perfect A/F is 14.7 Anything less then 13 is dangerously rich and anything over 16 is dangerously lean. Being either rich or lean, to a point, will produce cooler temps and more power. Yes more/cooler air + more fuel = more power, but you still have to maintain a proper a/f ratio or you'll be doing more damage then good. Now since the Aveo runs naturally lean, these ebay thingys might actually do something
      The only thing it will do is take away H/P. Yes a perfect a/f ratio is 14.7, but that is only when not at WOT (wide open throttle). Hook up a wideband and see for yourself. No car will be at 14.7 during WOT because that is just going to detonate. 13 is not dangerously rich because my car consistantly dips into the 10s.
      You want the car as lean as possible without detonation to make the most power. adding more fuel without more air is going to make the a/f ratio richer and make you lose hp.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      um i guess all im gonna say is that i wont dispute the data i got and/or the results. i will be able to give more info tomorrow once ive had the car up on the hwy.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast